Hotwire Hotel: 4* Charleston (Downtown-Historic District) Holiday Inn Mills House

davsaz
By davsaz,
in

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Prices can change for two reasons:

1) HOTWIRE uses a variable mark-up... so it's not ucommon for their to be a slight change ($5-$20) in price from one search to the next

2) a change in demand or hotel offered... hotels can raise/lower their rates based upon occupancy and bookings, a new hotel can enter a rate lower than the one currently offered becoming the 'new' hotel offered, or the current hotel could sell the rooms offered at the current price (or pull the inventory entirely) at which point the next lowest priced hotel would begin to be shown

Bottomline is to "know" what a good deal is and be prepared to take it when offered.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see you found the NEW TOPIC button (for anyone else looking top right corner of the board or bottom right conrer) but please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The 3* above has not yet been reported to the board, but the Andrew Pinckney Inn seems to be a good fit, and while i'm not 100% confident, that would be my best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Which hotel can this be? March 22nd for $115 Hotwire:

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. For assistance with the property above, let us know which HOTWIRE zone this property is located in.

Also, please don't post the amenity descriptions (i can probably recite these by heart by now) and it makes your post harder to read... see how much clearer the following is vs. what you have posted above:

Boutique Hotel

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Tennis Nearby

Can someone please tell me what they think this four star downtown hotel is? March 22 is the check in and the price is $115

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

Thanks!!

Well, I just booked a 4* Hotel in Charleston for March 22-23......and I've been watching hotels for the last month or so, and I ended up with the Holiday Inn Mills House. Now, I got a decent price, $115, but I hardly think that the Mills House is a 4 star hotel. I will never, ever use Hotwire again. I just got off the phone with them, and one person told me that the rating was changed on March 11th, and afte I asked to speak with a supervisor, she said they have no way of telling when a rating is changed. I tried to get them to refund me...but they won't.

Getting the Mills House in Charleston as a 4 star is like getting the Sheraton in Manhattan instead of the Plaza. I think hotwire totally misled me on this one.

This property was previously reported with the exact amenities as above but at the 3.5* level, so if you had waited for a reply, i'm fairly confirdent we could have been able to identify this one, or at the very least commented that the Mills House being upgraded was a distinct possibility.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]