Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Sheraton Fishermans Wharf

jesse629
By jesse629,
in

Hi, this is my first posting.

I am attempting to identify the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco through Hotwire. My wife, two kids and I are planning to stay from 3/19/09 to 3/22/09 (3 nights).

I found an offer on Hotwire for $96 per night with what appears to be the right amenities:

Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry Facilities, and High-speed internet.

But it is listed as a 3* and not a 3.5*.

The 3.5* that is listed for $81 per night has the following amenities:

Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, and High-speed internet.

Any ideas on what hotels these are?

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding, jesse629.

The 3.5* appears to be the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf. The TripAdvisor stats (3.5/5, 100+ reviews) match the Hilton, not Hyatt.

The 3* looks like the Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf.

You can probably win a 3.5* on Priceline for less than the Hotwire rate, but no control over which 3.5* it will be.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links if you purchase. Good luck!

Welcome to BetterBidding, jesse629.

The 3.5* appears to be the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf. The TripAdvisor stats (3.5/5, 100+ reviews) match the Hilton, not Hyatt.

The 3* looks like the Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf.

You can probably win a 3.5* on Priceline for less than the Hotwire rate, but no control over which 3.5* it will be.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links if you purchase. Good luck!

Thanks Colfax,

Since I have 2 adults and 2 kids I thought I couldn't use Priceline b/c I may only get a double occupancy room and Hotwire allows me to say how many adults/children are going. Am I wrong?

Good catch, jesse629. You said in your first post there were 2 adults/2 children and somehow that important detail slipped past me!

:)

I just redid the Hotwire search, this time on "2 adults/2 children". The hotels offered and the ID's remain the same as above.

I also see a 2.5* in FW for $86. That looks like the Holiday Inn Express, which is one of the newest hotels in Fisherman's Wharf and gets very good reviews. HIE includes free breakfast, which the others don't.

I am attempting to identify a hotel at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco through Hotwire because of parking costs and the ability to walk to the Wharf leaving my car at the hotel instead of paying more for parking. I need a room for 2 adults and 2 children from 3/19 to 3/22/09.

But I want to stay in a memorable hotel and am now looking at a 4 star hotel in Union Square East for $92 per night. (I guess I can pay for parking at the hotel and then drive to Fisherman's Wharf and pay parking there too.) The amenities at this hotel are:

- Fitness Center

- Restaurant

- Business Center

- High-speed internet.

Any ideas on what this hotel is?

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

Good catch, jesse629. You said in your first post there were 2 adults/2 children and somehow that important detail slipped past me!

:)

I just redid the Hotwire search, this time on "2 adults/2 children". The hotels offered and the ID's remain the same as above.

I also see a 2.5* in FW for $86. That looks like the Holiday Inn Express, which is one of the newest hotels in Fisherman's Wharf and gets very good reviews. HIE includes free breakfast, which the others don't.

Thanks Colfax,

I appreciate the assistance you guys provide on this resource! It is invaluable to me in making travel arrangements since I am not experienced in this area but want a good deal. The option of the possible Holiday Inn Express is a definite choice b/c my wife and kids would appreciate the free breakfast and we have stayed at that hotel chain before.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The USE property amenities above are common for San Francisco (or any city) hotel, and match the Palomar, Grand Hyatt and Westin Market Street. However, HOTWIRE showns Tripadvisor information (at least on my search for your dates) of 4.5/5.0 with 240+ reviews... this makes the above a match for the Palomar and that would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let su know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What do you mean by "a memorable hotel"?

A 4* hotel.

I just looked for the 3.5* hotel that I found yesterday for $81 that was a match for the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf. It is gone. In it's place is a 3.5* hotel for $89 with the following amenities:

- Fitness Center

- Pool

- Restaurant

- Business Center

- High-speed internet

What do you think this hotel is, and does this mean there are no more vacancies at the Hilton for 2/19/09 to 2/22/09? (I should have made the purchase last night but my son had a fever and I thought I may have to cancel the trip. He is better now.)

Glad to hear your son's feeling better, jesse629.

The new 3.5* looks like a match for the Shearton Fisherman's Wharf. The TripAdvisor stats (3.5/5, 380+ reviews) match Sheraton. Hyatt FW is 4/5 on TA.

does this mean there are no more vacancies at the Hilton for 2/19/09 to 2/22/09?

The Hilton FW is available on its website. They have a $119 prepaid rate, which is low, and suggests the hotel isn't near sold out now. They might have sold out the allotment of rooms they gave Hotwire. The Hilton could return at any time.

If you're still thinking about a 4* near Union Square HOTWIRE has 4* USW at $99 and 4* USE down to $89. Those are for "2 adults/2 children" with a two bed guarantee.

If you stay Downtown you don't have to drive to FW and park again. You can take the cable car right there, or take a cab, for not too much.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this property works well for your needs.

Can you add a reply to this thread clarifying if there was a Fitness icon shown before your purchase... in your post immeidately above you mention that there was, but then near the end of the same post when you re-list the amenities there is no Fitness icon listed. You can still view the amenities shown before your purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]