Priceline Hotel: "Your bid has a low chance of being accepted"

pres001
By pres001,
in

I am inexperienced with PRICELINE bidding and stil trying to figure it out.

I started Priceline bidding on a 3* hotel in Clearwater, Fl. for 3-31 thru 4-06.

I started really low at $25.00, not expecting success. I received a message (in red) that said something to the effect that my bid has a low chance of acceptance. I submitted the bid anyway and was rejected. Playing with it I raised the bid to 30 and was again rejected. I raised to 35 and then 40 getting the same message, but I never submitted those bids.

When I raised my bid to 45 the message went away. I did not submit the bid.

Is that message an accurate reflection of what I can expect to pay?

That seems too easy. They don't really tell you exactly what you have to bid to get accepted do they?

Do bids often get accepted even when they are below the suggested bid price?

I have reviewed this web site and kind of understand changing bids to add areas, etc., but I did not read anything about this message that appears during the bidding process.

you're right, this would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

you should ignore this message, I have had bids accepted when I received the low chance message. The best advice is to understand your rebid zones (Priceline Re-Bidding Explained), which are those adjacent zones where the highest rated property is less than the minimum star level that you're willing to accept.

I forgot to add that room inventory changes constantly, so the best advice if your plans are firm is to bid up to your limit (PRICELINE) or buy using HOTWIRE

You need to think of PRICELINE and HOTWIRE as being the discount rack at Filene's Basement or Marshalls. You might go one day and see a great jacket in your size for $20, if you come back the next day, it might be gone, and you'll kick yourself for not buying it right away. Then again, you could come back a week later and there are two in your size marked down to $15. You can't have buyers remorse if you are saving 30-50% off the rack rate :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]