Priceline Hotel: 4* Bangkok (Riverside-Silom) Holiday Inn

neo1
By neo1,
in

Bid $45 and hoping to get Marriott Resort and Spa but got this hotel instead. This hotel should be at least 1/2 star lower rating than the Marriott for the smaller room and fewer amenities but the free welcome drink and fruit plate are nice amenities even for this priceline stay without any frequent stay status..

This hotel should be at least 1/2 star lower rating than the Marriott for the smaller room and fewer amenities but the free welcome drink and fruit plate are nice amenities even for this priceline stay without any frequent stay status..

I called them and added my Priority Club number on the only PL stay there - yet to see a fruit plate or a welcome drink... :) I haven't bid for 4-star Riverside after getting the H-I, no idea how to increase the chances to get this hotel. Chris26WI has got it a few times though, maybe he could help you.

The Holiday Inn should be 3-star, then I would have no problems. Same for Sukhumvit, Novotel Lotus is a 3-star hotel (PL 4*) and Regency Park is 2-star (PL 3*).

... :) well i was just lucky sometimes.. but however, one time, I ended up with the HI for three nights... :) - Well, I also made my Priority Club number been added to my booking and it was just if I didn't.. so no special treatment and no points at all ... though I upgraded to an executive room and had some charges to my hotel bill..

After a complaint for missing stay, I was credited with 0 points - BANGKOK 0 POINTS showed up my account, and I was sent an e-mail that my rate was too low. IC Bangkok did credit me PC points/miles - it's always worth a shot since Priority Club uses some percentage of normal rate to determine if the stay is eligible - I got points for 2 PL stays that way.

Thanks for the feedbacks...

I stayed at this Holiday Inn one night last year and also received welcome drink ticket. I don't think I got fruit plate last year. I was inquiry about the Internet access in this hotel and was told that there are 2 towers in the hotel, the front tower(elevators closer to the lobby) have in-room wireless internet access. The other tower, which I got last time and this time, don't have in-room Internet available. The Internet access in the business center cost 8baht per minutes (plus tax and charges). The mentioning about the different towers lead me to think that one tower may be newer but I also saw people dropping off their room keys so I am not certain which tower is better. BTW, I asked about the best rate they can offer while at the check-in desk and they told me that US$79++ for the no Internet accessible tower and US$89++ for the Internet accessible tower. $10 more for in-room Internet access (instead of 600bhat to sign up inside a room).

Since I am not priority reward member (did not even sign up). I did not even get news paper. I was a little surprised the the welcome drink is not given to all guests. I was told that Internet booking stay will not earn stay credit for priority reward.

As a comparison for priceline stay, I also got fruit plate at the Marriott Resort but probably because I have a silver elite status with them. I just got an upper floor south tower room this time. Last year, I got a mini-suite (corner room) with my priceline stay.

The Shangri-La is a nice hotel but not very convienent locationwise. It was nice that Golden circle members can upgrade to a suite (2 rooms) for $25 before April this year but now it is $75. I really like their breakfast buffet, which I think is the best I had in BKK. :)

The Crowne Tower (the one near the elevators) is the more expensive one with apparently slightly larger rooms. However, when I stayed there (October 2002?) the Crowne Tower rooms seemed to be all unrenovated, while the Plaza Tower had all renovated rooms... However I upgraded for 26 USD++/night to executive floor (top 3 floors of Crowne Tower) which included free internet in the Executive lounge (and cocktails, and verrry nice breakfast in the lounge, and really nice buffets in the evening).. So, the best I can say about the HI is the Executive Lounge.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]