Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Francisco (Marina-Cow Hollow) Marina Inn

lookyloo
By lookyloo,
in

This hotel hasn't been identified yet. Hotwire doesn't provide TripAdvisor stats and I don't find a match in Hotwire Vacation Packages, so there's not a lot to make an ID with.

Not many hotels in this zone would qualify as a Boutique. Hotel Del Sol seems like a good match though and that would be my first guess.

There are a number of old and rundown motels along Lombard street that Hotwire might rate 2.5*. Just in case this is one of those (although I don't think any of them would qualify as Boutique) this is an instance where I might just purchase one night first, to see what hotel I was getting, and then the other three nights if I liked the initial outcome.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you purchase, and let us know what this turns out to be.

Hotels choose which amenities they want to display on Hotwire, and most hotels don't display all their amenities. Last month I purchased a hotel that only had one icon: Highspeed Internet. The hotel also had a restaurant, continental breakfast, and business center, but they chose not to display those.

This hotel has dropped from $48 to $46 on my search now. I still don't see TripAdvisor stats though. When you click "Continue" on your own computer do you see TripAdvisor stats? If so what are they? (I'm having a computer issue where sometimes I can't view TA stats but other people can.)

Not all hotels display TripAdvisor stats but when they do they're on the "Review Your Hotel Details" screen that appears after you click "Continue", next to the hotel you're interested in. The TA stats are just to the right of the zone map, if they're present.

This hotel isn't displaying TA stats now though, so I dont have more input to offer. We won't know what it is until someone purchases. It's available for all four nights singly, so you have the opportunity to unmask it by purchasing one night if you want.

Splitting your purchase in two you incur two Hotwire service charges instead of one. In this case two transactions will cost about $9-10 more than one. But you eliminate the risk of winning four nights at a hotel you don't want. Sort of like a $9 insurance policy.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you go for it.

Colfax and others know this area much better than i do, but a quick search of hotels in this area which offer complimentary breakfast, the Hotel Del Sol would be a good guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Darn it all, and I don't blame you or anyone here, I'm going to file a claim with Hotwire because I received the Marina Inn, not a 2 1/2 star and not a Boutique hotel, in reality Trip Advisor has them listed as a 2 star dump with dozens of horrible reviews and no parking.

To follow up, let me say, I LOVE THIS SITE!!! BetterBidding has helped me so much it's unbelievable!!! Just look at the trip I have tomorrow to LA for $69/night @ The Radisson when they're selling room for $189. But I digress...I contacted Hotwire Customer Support via email. They replied in 25 minutes with a special phone number for me to call. I called, no "push this number for this and that number for that" a person answered, I told her my situation. I explained that TripAdvisor a site I trust, as well as Hotwire, has the hotel listed as a 2-star and not a "Boutique" as listed in the amenities. She fixed everything and I'll be able to book another room in San Fran tomorrow.

AAARGH!

Now you understand the "Buy one night first" concept. I'm glad to hear Hotwire was flexible and refunded your money.

I'm not familiar with the Marina Inn but the TripAdvisor reviews don't sound like my idea of a Boutique either.

Hotwire is still offering the Marina Inn at $48 with a Boutique icon. You can book the same dates in Priceline's retail section (not Name Your Own Price) for $37.73/night. If you'd kept your reservation you would have been entitled to a Double the Difference refund from Hotwire of $20.54 per night, bringing the nightly rate down to about $28! But if you don't want to stay there the low rate doesn't matter.

Btw, did you purchase one night or all four? Even though you got a refund we'll still add this to Priceline Calendar of Wins, since you did win it.

If this had turned out to be Hotel Del Sol at $48 I was thinking of trying it myself some day. I owe you thanks for pulling the trigger first.

I had no problem taking one for the team on this. I only booked my 1st night to "test the waters" so to speak. I immediately contacted Hotwire and they took care of me. Hotel Del Sol would've been wonderful...maybe next time. The guy at the front desk of Hotel Del Sol did tell me that he has checked in people who've used Hotwire in the past so there is hope.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]