Priceline payment problems

stateofflux
By stateofflux,
in

Perhaps you can help me. I've never used Priceline before, but I'm very keen to give it a try. I found this board very helpful so far.

I've tried placing a bid on a New York hotel, but after entering my bid amount, I get a form that asks me to fill in my credit card details. The only options under 'billing address for this credit card' are USA and Canada. I live in South Africa, so I cannot enter either. I cannot type anything in the country box, I can only choose between Canada and USA.

I emailed Priceline for help and they suggested a create a profile, and then try place my bid.

I created a profile, entered my credit card details in my profile and saved these. I then tried bidding again - even though I was logged in and had credit card details saved on their system, it again asked me to enter my credit card details and billing address.

I could enter a 'fake' address, but I'm not sure about doing that. The system obviously checks the postal code against the State and city that you select (I tried entering 'Johannesburg' as my city, together with a South African Postal Code, and put Canada as my country, but the system rejected this).

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you heard of this happening before?

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]