2 rooms @ same hotel...

friemart
By friemart,
in

You can't make two separate bids for 4 nights and 3 nights and be assured you'll win the same hotel on both bids.

You can bid two rooms for 3 nights, then bid one room for 1 night separately. The party staying 4 nights might have to switch hotels for the last night but you'd be at the same hotel for your 3 nights in common.

You can also bid for two rooms for four nights in a single bid. One night in one room would be wasted, but that's the only way of assuring you'll all get the same hotel and nobody has to move.

Finally you can check Hotwire and see if the same hotel with same icons shows up for a 4-night stay and 3-night stay. If it does you could make the two purchases separately. Priceline usually beats Hotwire on price, so it's possible that purchasing 8 nights on Priceline and not using one night will come out cheaper than 7 nights on Hotwire.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links if you purchase. Please let us know which hotel(s) you ultimately win.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same situation in May and was wondering what I could do.

Here is my question on the above:

When I have booked Priceline in the past sometimes I get an offer to "extend my visit" for the same rate. Can you do that with all priceline bookings? Does it only apply to the back end of your stay or can you "extend" it at the beginning?

We have one group arriving on a Tuesday and the other Wednesday - both leaving Sunday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

canuck76,

You can only add nights to the beginning or end of your stay, not both. If your PRICELINE reservation is for more than one room, nights will be added to all rooms. You are unable to add nights to a single room of a multiple room reservation.

If you need any help with your upcoming stay so just start a new topic.

Hope this helps!

YellowDog.

Just to add a bit more info...

The extend your stay option is not always offered, but when it is, you can try to add to the beginning or the end of your stay.

However, as yellowdog points out, this may not work for your needs since you need to extend the stay for all the rooms you booked on that reservation... you can't try to extend the stay for just one room of a multi-room reservation.

Also, note that even when offered, there is no guarantee that you'll be able to extend the stay... PRICELINE could come back to tell you that no inventory exists and they're unable to extend your stay OR that they can extend your stay but only at a higiher price, as which point you'll be given the option to accept that rate or not.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If you need more assistance for your own stay please start NEW TOPIC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]