Hotwire Hotel: 4.5 * Beverly hills west hollywood

msprint
By msprint,
in

Thanks for offering this great service and I will of course use your HOTWIRE link

Have been offered $134 for 4.5 * at Bev Hills/West Hllywd - icons fitness centre, pool, restaurant, business centre, internet and spa - am hoping it is for the Sofitel. If this is true - wow!

I need to book two rooms for my family of two adults and three children under 11. Will I get interconnecting rooms? and how can I guarantee this?

Our dates are in early December. We are travelling from Australia and its a long time out to have prepaid but the saving is good enough to do it if I have to. Should we book now? or should I look back closer to the time?

Thanks so much

Thanks my dates are 2 December to 7 December 2009. We need two rooms.

We would love the Sofitel, but would be happy with the Hilton - we were going to book there anyway before I discovered this site.

I'm happy to check back and book later in the year if you think my chances would still be ok. I first checked about two weeks ago and the 4.5 star wasn't showing.

If searching your dates for 2rooms/2adults/2children i see the hotel above and my best guess would be the Sofitel. However, this property doesn't appear when searching for 2rooms/2adults/3children.

If you book for only 2adults/2children you could receive rooms with only one bed in each, so not sure if that's something you'll be able to 'work around' given your 3 children, if the hotel is unable, or unwilling, to accomodate your request for a room with two beds.

Besides the price going up/down, the risk in waiting is that the hotel above may no longer be the ones offered in the future.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is the third time this situation has come up at the Sofitel recently. A party with children wants to reserve a room with two beds but the Sofitel only shows Hotwire availability when searching on "2 adults", which guarantees one bed.

On Sofitel's website they have two bed availability for your dates, at $284. That's $8 more than they charge for one king. It's possible they'll give you two beds with a Hotwire reservation, maybe for an $8 upgrade fee (best to check with the hotel directly on their current policies), but two beds aren't guaranteed. So far none of the families took a chance and booked the Sofitel. They booked other hotels with a two bed guarantee.

If you got two rooms with one king bed in each could that accomodate your family? Are your children of ages that one parent and two kids could share one king bed, in worst case?

Connecting rooms aren't guaranteed on Priceline or Hotwire. If the hotel has them they'll probably be happy to give them to you though as most people don't want them.

Thanks for your advice.

I had read the previous posts regarding the two bed issue - one of our kids is little and can share with us. I was more concerned about the interconnecting rooms as I didn't want us to be on different floors or anything.

We might go with the sofitel but any of the other 4*choices are fine considering the savings involved. I looked at some of the traveller photos on tripadvisor and the rooms at the sofitel can be very small.

What's the procedure after booking? Do I call the hotel and ask for adjoining rooms? Can I make any other requests?

What's the procedure after booking? Do I call the hotel and ask for adjoining rooms? Can I make any other requests?
Yes, you can call after booking, but they're requests, and the hotel may or may not be able to accomodate them. For further info see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the $268 plus fees you'd spend on Hotwire for two Sofitel rooms I wonder if you couldn't book a suite conventionally, at the Sofitel or another 4*, a suite with enough space to accomodate your whole family. I haven't reserarched but it seems possible. Or do you specifically want two rooms at the Sofitel?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]