Hotwire Mystery numbers????

JVSovel
By JVSovel,
in

These mystery "reference no. XXXXXXXXXX" show up in a hidden area of each page, I don't know if they mean anything. To uncover these secret numbers, highligth to the right of the ameneties with your mouse and as you highlight, you will uncover these numbers.

I have no clue if there is somehow a master list we can uncover??? Maybe the reference number is the same each time, and by using the reference number we may be able to get the hotel name??? If anyone books a hotel, post the reference number and lets see if this works!!!

Just a thought.....

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe the reference number is a way for their system to keep track of your session throughout your browsing their website... it gives them a way to keep track of your search results and not confuse them with another user.

If you make a purchase this reference number is given to you in case you ever need to call customer service it is an easy way for them to access your purchase.

I just did a seach for the same dates and zones on two different computers and came up with entirely different refernce numbers.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...

<delurking>

I'm not sure how useful this is, but I just noticed that Hotwire has hidden text next to each of its hotel listings that contains a reference number (just to the right of the icons representing amenities - if you highlight the are, it will appear in reverse). I'm not sure if this is randomly generated, or if it represents an actual way of determining which hotel is which in their system. Hope this is useful to everyone.

PS - thereuare, this is a great site. Glad that you've created it, and I've made passive use of it several times to great effect.

• 1 month later...
Just Curious...

When I went to copy & paste from Hotwire, I noticed that there is a hidden Ref No. right after the amenities icons. Anyone else seen this before?

Do you think this is a way to tell for sure which hotel is which?

unfortunately this won't work

just test it.........pick a city find your hotel then just change the date.......and you'll see it's the same hotwire hotel (matching amenities), similar price for a similar date, but the reference number changes

most likely the reference number is unique for each time a room is actually purchased

I thought of it too when I first saw it though :)

• 2 months later...

Maybe this has been discussed before but I searched and could not find anything.

I noticed today that hotwire has a reference number for hotels which it places directly behind the amenities section but it is invisible unless you highlight the listing. (by dragging your mouse over it) Perhaps this would be something people should place in their Hotwire wins, it would make them much easier to track...if the numbers are constant (ie stay with the hotel over multiple days etc.)???

Worked for cars as well, it is just beneath the picture of the car and some writing.

(edit by thereuare: merged with existing thread)

unfortunately this won't work

just test it.........pick a city find your hotel then just change the date.......and you'll see it's the same hotwire hotel (matching amenities), similar price for a similar date, but the reference number changes

most likely the reference number is unique for each time a room is actually purchased

I thought of it too when I first saw it though :)

see the above quote please

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]