Priceline Hotel: 3* Scranton-Poconos (Scranton) The Inn at Nichols Village

burnsie1983
By burnsie1983,
in

My first bid was $30/3 star in the Scranton bidding area. That was rejected so for my second bid I added 2.5 star and upped the price to 35. That was also rejected so I added 2 star and upped the bid to $40. I received the Inn at Nichols Village just as I had hoped, as my youngest brother will be staying there for a basketball tournament on March 5-7th. The team received a discounted group rate of $75 but I though I could do better with Priceline because I saw on here that the Inn seemed to do a lot of business on Priceline. I have never stayed there before, does anyone have any advice/opinions about the place?

I have never stayed there before, does anyone have any advice/opinions about the place?

I've stayed here twice, aim low and you won't disappoint yourself. The entire property is dated, and need of refurbishing, rooms are dark. The furniture in the rooms is a little worn, I almost broke a desk chair as it was kind of rickety, and I've stayed in cleaner rooms. All in all, its well worth your $40 bid, its not a 3* and I would never pay rack rate for this place. There is a Weis Supermarket across the street and a Krispy Kreme store about 1/4 mile away....the glazed cream filled donuts are worth the trip and will be fresh, unlike buying one in a gas station mini-mart where the frying oil congeals with the glazing to make a tastless, calorie laden bomb . Avoid the chinese buffet up the street. Although I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants, the local Damon's Grill is pretty good for ribs.

I've stayed here twice, aim low and you won't disappoint yourself. The entire property is dated, and need of refurbishing, rooms are dark.

Dahammer is on the mark. My wife and I have "won" the Nichols Village a couple times on PRICELINE. They do a ton of PL business by virtue of being labeled a three-star hotel, which is a colossal joke. Dark, dowdy, worn. A family property that hasn't been reinvested in.

That said, it's a good value for $40 if you just need a place to sleep. It's dowdy but not seedy. It's in a nice suburban area on a busy commercial strip with lots of services. Clean sheets, no bugs, no drugs. They do a good trade with weekend skiers who just need a place to rest. It's a long haul from downtown Scranton, something to bear in mind if you're in town for St. Patrick's weekend or any other event involving booze.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]