Priceline Hotel: 2* Portland (Beaverton-Hillsboro) Hotel B

beachgurl
By beachgurl,
in

Congratulations on your win!

This property used to be a Red Lion so hopefully it will be a step above the Extended Stay. Thanks for confirming this property's continued participation since the change-over.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Update on conditions:

There is no possible way that this property was "newly remodeled as of August 2008". It is either a flat out lie, or the writer is living in an alternate reality. It was however rated as a 2*, so I rather expected the conditions I found. Best compared to a 2* declining Holiday Inn Property. OK, maybe the managers office was remodeled in 2008. The photos on their site are fictional.

Not enough outlets to plug in a laptop and a printer at the same time, without bringing your own extension cord. Bedding is old, torn and repaired with hand stitching. Bedding doesn't match the rest of the old Red Lion furnishings such as drapes, carpet and furniture. I have no clue where they have it. The handicapped entrance in the rear, with the ramp, next to the handicapped parking spaces has a 6" step at the top of the ramp before entering the building. Not accessible if you are using wheels. No security bar on the room door. No elevator.

But for me, the straw that broke the camels back...they have 3 styles of rooms. 1 queen, 1 king, 2 queens, all available at the same price on their site. There were maybe 10-15 other guest rooms occupied. Parking lot empty. We have the only vehicle you can see on the back or side of the property. Yet, when I requested to get a 2 bed room, I was told there would be a $50 fee to "upgrade" per evening. The way I see this...flat out greed at the expense of customer satisfaction that would have cost them absolutely nothing. I understand completely if the rooms cost more initially or if the property was even possibly going to be able to use the rooms with guests paying full price. However, the only way you can believe that, is if you believe the property was remodeled less than a year ago. You can guess whether I paid to upgrade.

Wish I had better news. I'll stick to Tigard and Gresham when I drop to a 2* "trying" for an ESA property in the future. Still love priceline, and this site. Thanks for your hard work.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]