Hotwire Hotel: 3* Stamford-Bridgeport (Bridgeport-Shelton) Holiday Inn Express

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

This is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Shelton. shows up as $68 or $69. I got it for $69.

The amenities listed were swimming and fitness. I changed the dates a few times and one time it showed up as breakfast, swimming, fitness, business center

then I rechecked for Bridgeport Holiday inn because I wasn't looking to stay in bpt. After changing dates many times I assumed my correct date was in box and hit purchase; I was wrong. I got this for 2/26 to 2/27/2009 . I am very careful with dates so I am not sure if mistake is mine, my computer, or the site. I need to change to 2/28-3/1/2009. Should I call hotwire or email them or can you help me?

The star level for this property has clearly changed for hotwire site. This used to be listed as a 2.5 and is now a 3* property.

Thanks

relaxing41

Sorry to hear you selected the wrong dates.

You should call HOTWIRE ASAP and let them know that you made a mistake with the dates and see if there is anything that they can do for you... but it could be difficult since rates and availability are occupancy controlled. It's possible that the hotel has low occupancy for the nite of the 26th but high occupancy for the nite of the 28th. I would start with HOTWIRE and then if not successful see if the hotel would be willing to swap the date for you.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

.. but it could be difficult since rates and availability are occupancy controlled. It's possible that the hotel has low occupancy for the nite of the 26th but high occupancy for the nite of the 28th. I would start with HOTWIRE and then if not successful see if the hotel would be willing to swap the date for you.

i called hotwire and was told he could switch the dates for me but when the transaction went thru and even after verifying the ammenities were the same ie swimming and fitness' he switched me to the holiday inn in bridgeport. i talked to one of the managers there and was told that nothing els could be done and i couldnt get a refund. she was rudeand yelled on the phone. insisting she needed to know why i couldnt stay at this hotel in bpt. finally i told her and she was not one bit empathetic. her response was "you can pack up your stuff and move to the bridgeport hotel ... why did you use hotwire if you couldnt stay in bpt?. not wqnting to talk to her anymore i asked to speak to her boss and she replied "I am the ONLY manager here,, I told her that was impossible and she replied" I can't let you talk to any other manager" I said why not she said " I mean the other managers do not have extensions so you can only talk to me. I said to her that couldn't be true and she just kept saying that SHE was it and I couldn't speak to anyone else. I asked for her name and she replied she could not give it to me for safety reasons. When i replied I'd never had any problems with hotwire before she just hung up the phone on me.

Now I really don't know what to do. If i was still at the holiday inn express shelton i could ask them to switch dates but i am now confirmed with the holdiay inn bridgeport; which i have no confirmation number of. according to Ms. NO NAME.

relaxing41

You can look in the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of HOTWIRE's home page to see if your reservation is listed there.

I think you're going to need to be a little flexible on this one as HOTWIRE did try to accomodate your mistake by cancelling and re-booking (it's just unfortunate that there was another hotel in the zone with the same star rating and amenities), which is against their "no refunds/no cancellations/no changes" policy... it's more the exception than the rule for them to even consider changing the dates in a situation such as this.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]