Hotwire Hotel: Los Angeles

vk711
By vk711,
in

I am trying to book a 4 night stay from July 1st-5th, at the Sofitel using the HOTWIRE link on this site. Through other threads, have worked out which one it is. However, I have a problem booking for 2 adults and 2 children.......it doesn't come up!! If I change and put in just 2 adults, it comes up. Should I risk it and hope that I will be given a room with 2 queen beds?? Or not risk it at all??

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How old are your kids? Have you identified and of the other HOTWIRE options which do appear when you search for 2adults/2children? (ie- trying to get a feel for your next best option to weigh the risk)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How old are your kids? Have you identified and of the other HOTWIRE options which do appear when you search for 2adults/2children? (ie- trying to get a feel for your next best option to weigh the risk)

My kids are 8 and 11. There is only one option that comes up for a 4star property when I put in 2 adults and 2 kids for those dates, and it is near the airport, which I didn't want.

I see a 4.5* in BH-WH but it's not the Sofitel. Icons are Fitness, Pool, Restaurant. That looks like the London West Hollywood. It's possible the hotel choices have changed since you looked. The London only appears when I search on "2 adults" though; not "2 adults + 2 children".

I do find several options for 2 adults + 2 children though, including a 4*:

4* BH-WH $172

3.5* CC-WW $149

3.5* BH-WH $139

If any of those interest you please search Hotwire again and post the icons you see if you want the hotel(s) ID'ed.

(thereuare will move this thread to the LA-Hotwire section of the board when he sees it.)

The currently offered 4* in BH-WH looks like Le Montrose Suite Hotel. It's $172 and that's the option that comes up when searching "2 adults/2 children".

But searching "2 adults/0 children" there's a different 4* in BH-WH, for $139. Icons: Suite, Fitness, Pool, Highspeed. That one looks like the Chamberlain West Hollywood. I wonder if the suites at the Chamberlain would accomodate your family of four? For your dates the Chamberlain is $289 for a Studio Suite and $329 for a Grand King Suite. You could call the hotel (if it interests you) and ask if a Studio Suite will accomodate your family of four.

July's a long ways off though. You also have time to keep checking HOTWIRE every few days and see if the Sofitel returns, if that's the hotel you want. If Sofitel only comes up with a one bed guarantee though do you think you'll chance it?

If you took the chance and received a room with only one bed, how would you handle such a situation... although not ideal, how would you (and your kids) react to sleeping on the floor. Would that be a problem or would their reaction be that it was 'cool' and a chance of pace they enjoyed?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3.5* Beverly Hills - West Hollywood

I am looking to book for 2adults & 2 children in the West Hollywood - Beverly Hills area for 1st July-5th July. A 3.5* with the following amenities comes up: Boutique, fitness, swimming, restaurants, business, internet, for $139

Any ideas??

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The Boutique hotel above is a match for the Tower Beverly Hills Hotel so that would be our best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The 4* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood on HOTWIRE that appears to be Le Montrose Suites has dropped from $172 to $129. That's searching on "3 adults", which guarantees two beds.

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry, Golf, Tennis

And the 4.5* Sofitel is showing up again at $149 on HOTWIRE. Sofitel only appears when searching on "2 adults" though and Sofitel's website doesn't show two-bed availablility for your dates. Unless something changes at Sofitel buying one bed and hoping for two will be risky.

• 2 weeks later...

Identifying hotels can be a time consuming process... please try to firm up your plans first so that we're not identifying multiple properties for hotels which may not be offered once your plans are firm and you're ready to commit OR for a city that may not even be visited.

Thanks.

Ooops! Totally misunderstood what this site is about. Thought this was about helping to identify properties to help people make decisions and hence finalise plans based on what the property is. Sorry for wasting your time, asking silly questions.

Thought this was about helping to identify properties to help people make decisions and hence finalise plans based on what the property is.

This board is about helping people ID properties AFTER they've decided where they're going and their travel dates. Request for hotel ID should also be posted very close to the time that you're ready to execute an actual purchase.

There's little purpose in moderators and board volunteers spending time doing hotel IDs (which are very time consuming) for uncertain trips and/or trips that users intend to purchase much later. If you're not ready to purchase for another week or another month by that time the HOTWIRE hotel options will probably have changed and the moderator time spent doing prior IDs was wasted.

I realize plans change and there's nothing wrong with that. My own plans often change. If you've decided you're definitely staying in Anaheim, not LA, and you're ready to make a nonrefundable purchase of a hotel room in Anaheim now then let us know and we'll do your Anaheim ID. If you need more time to finalize your itinerary then take the time you need and we'll be happy to assist when you're ready.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]