Hotwire Hotel: 2* San Diego (Sea World-Mission Bay-Shelter Island) Good Nite Inn SW

skaistda
By skaistda,
in

Hey guys,

this is the first time I've ever looked into booking with HOTWIRE.

I found an amazing deal, 2* hotel near seaworld/mission bay with hotwire $29/pn, however the only amenity listed is laundry. They list the property as having a 3/5 rating on tripadvisor and it was last updated january 2009.

I found the Comfort Inn Suites and Zoo/SeaWorld Area on TA to match this info - it's the only 3/5 rating on a 2* in that area, and it also lists laundryas an amenity. However, it also has a pool and many other amenities.

Is it possible HOTWIRE just neglected to list the other amenities and I've found the right hotel?

This property has not yet been identified yet, but this does seem more along the lines of a GoodNite Inn than a Comfort Inn... i'd also add properties such as an Extended Stay, Homestead, Howard Johnson, Days Inn, etc as possibilities.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we ca be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is it possible Hotwire just neglected to list the other amenities and I've found the right hotel?

The hotel chooses which amenities they want to display, not HOTWIRE. It's common for hotels not to display every amenity that they offer. The last Hotwire hotel I bought only had one icon: Highspeed Internet. But the hotel also had a Restaurant, Continental Breakfast, and Business Center. For whatever reasons the hotel chose not to display all its amenities.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you had guessed and are happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

It would be appreciated if you used the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Just wanted to make an update with this booking. Apparently Hotwire has changed the GOOD NITE INN SEAWORLD to a one star rating, and offered me a refund. After reading various BAD reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to take it and am currently searching for a new hotel.

Perhaps this hotel is no longer on the hotwire radar, and if it is, it's only rated 1 star, not 2.

Thanks!

HOTWIRE doesn't really rate properties 1*... can you let us know exactly what the contents of the email stated so we can comment the Hotwire Hotel List accordingly.

Also, if you go to the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of HOTWIRE's home page, is that win still listed there? If so, does it show a star rating associated with this property? Thanks!

Thanks.

Sure, here is the letter concerning the Good Nite Inn:

We are contacting you about your upcoming stay at Good Nite Inn Sea World, Hotwire itinerary 528*****.

We periodically review the star ratings of our hotel partners. After doing so for this hotel, we have decided to adjust the star rating to 1.0 stars. While we are confident in the quality of all our hotel partners, the new rating more accurately reflects the service level, accommodations and facilities of this property.

As such, we would like to offer you the option of either cancelling the reservation for a full refund, or keeping the reservation and receiving the full amount paid for your Hotwire reservation in HotDollars for a future reservation. HotDollars can be used for any hotel, flight, or Hotwire hot Rate rental car booking on Hotwire. Each HotDollar is equivalent to one U.S. dollar and is available for one year from the date of issuance. Should you choose to cancel, we would be happy to assist you in rebooking to be certain that you are accommodated during your trip.

The only thing it says in my account is "Cancelled".

/

I would not like to pay more than $70 for a three star. Can you help?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]