Priceline Hotel: 3* Parsippany-Morristown (Parsippany-Hanover) Summerfield Suites

valencia
By valencia,
in

I have bid for several days hoping to nab the Hyatt for under $45. Am getting closer, but do you think this is too early or perhaps unrealistic? It has been won in the past for $35-$45 with an ocasional $50.

Price online is about $180 right now for those dates.

I have plenty of time, so perhaps will start low again in a few days. What do you suggest? This is the only zone acceptable right now, as I plan on visiting friends in the area.

I have now gone up to $43 for 3.5* florham park, and on a separate bid for P. Hannover up to $38 hoping to get the 3* parsippany hannover Summerfield Suites someone just won. On THAT bid I received an $11 counteroffer which I refused.

I might stay with only the Florham Park area, though. I think there are TWO Sumerfield Suites in Morristown. One is a bit further out. Not sure which one this person won.

the post you mention reported a win for the Staybridge suites in the Parsippany Hanover zone. There are two Summerfield Suites in this area:

1) Whippany (Parsippany-Hanover)

2) Morristown (Morristown-Florham Park)

these are typically 3* rated, but you can't target a specific hotel, in the Morristown-Florham Park zone is also the 3* Hamilton Park Hotel.

Since your stay is for a Thursday and Friday nights, you should not have a problem finding a room as these hotels were built to handle the corporate parks in the area. You received a counteroffer to increase your bid by $11, so you can often undercut this counteroffer in 24 hours, since this area has no rebid zones at the 3* level. You have time on your side, so use the PRICELINE links on the board to resubmit your bids and let us know how you make out.

I am doing separate bids, one zone only at a time to avoid the 3* in Florham Park, where I am bidding 3.5*.

No luck today in F.Park up to $44. Since this is where I prefer, I will continue this bid everyday before going back to what seems like sure acceptance under $45 for a 3* at Hanover. Thanks for the observations.

Getting no where with this bid. Have bid 3.5*up to $49 for Florham Park, adding Hanover zone at 3.5*.

have also actually bid $40 for 3* Hanover-Parsippany getting a $12 counteroffer I refused.

I guess it is going to be more expensive than I had hoped. It seems we must be getting close, though!

Based upon your previous counter-offer (assuming rates haven't changed) the Hanover-Parsippany property should be available for under $49/nite... just something to keep in mind as you increase your bidding for Florham Park (ie- make sure the Florham Park zone is worth the additional cost to you)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There has been a 3* hotel on HOTWIRE for $53 with the following amenities and no Tripadvisor rating.

Fitness, Business Center, High Speed Internet.

Any idea which one this might be since I am "approaching" this price range?

Seems like a diificult area to "read" the hotels by the amenities because there are many similar ones, plus no TA ratings to help out .

I have bid several combinations up to $50 at 3.5*, then up to $42 ( I think!) for a 3* in Hanover/Parsippany or Livingston East Hanover. No counter offers today at all.

this HOTWIRE hotel has not been identified yet, but I believe you should increase your PRICELINE bid because you can often undercut the $12 counteroffer. The HOTWIRE zone is very large whereas PRICELINE splits this area into 3 zones so that you can limit your bids to a smaller geographical area. BTW, Expedia featured the Hanover Courtyard for $79, so this may be available for close to your budget through a PRICELINE bid.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links each time you conduct a search or submit a bid.

Good Luck!

After always using your Priceline hotel link I had success finally after a very tedious two weeks of bidding.

Went up to 4* $59 in Florham Park and Livingston, then dropped to 3.5* up to $55 in F. Park only,doing combinations to get max bids each day.

Usually dropped down to $39-$42 for 3* in Liv-Hanover and Parsippany, eliminating F.Park at 3* level as there is a 3* there that doesn't appeal to me.

Today I was successful after doing these bids:

4* F. Park $56 rejected

new bid

4*Liv-Han $55 rejected

added F.Park $59 rejected

new bid 3.5* F.Park $55 rejected

added Livingstone Hanover at $55 rejected

new bid 3* in Liv-Han.for $45 rejected

added Parsippany 3* dropped to $41 Accepted

I added the very large Parsippany area ( only to the 3* Liv-Han bid) and dropped price to $41, as I thought I might be getting further away from my real destination, but if it were cheap enough, I could handle that.

Accepted at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Parsippany $41 may 21-23, one room.

I am VERY happy and am only 4 miles from friends in Florham Park! Their web price is $209/night advance payment at the moment.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]