Philadelphia Rental

PaulR
By PaulR,
in

Hello

I'm new here and need to find a low price car for a few days in Philadelphia unless someone thinks NJ rates would be as cheap. Saving money is of the utmost importance but i do need unlimited or quite a few miles since I plan on trips into NY & Northern NJ. It's a trip to visit family that my budget really can't afford. Also, it's about $50 cheaper to fly into Philadelphia and I don't mind the drive. I was looking through the site and didn't notice any successful bids for a car with Priceline.

Where do I start a car bid or what's a good rate?

When i used the site's bidding tool I noticed less than $17. per day in Philadelphia on the Hotwire window ad. I can't seem to access this rate. Or maybe I have to find magic dates ? Do these cars that are bid on have unlimited miles?

Any tips or recent successful bids in the area would be appreciated.

Oh travel dates are 3/27or 3/28 - 3/31 or 4/1. From Houston I've found non-stop flights at $184 and would hate to pay more for the car than the flight after taxes. I need to be in northern NJ on the 28th at 4 pm, but am flexible on the dates some. I have found off airport rates of $18 dollars or so for economy car at Enterprise, but this is Friday - Monday only and an extra day or two would be nice if affordable. If I schedule the car Friday or Sat. through Tuesday and Wed the price jumps to 30 or more per day every day plus tax.

If this is in the wrong area for posting I apologize. Thanks for any help you can offer.

my experience was that HOTWIRE is cheaper. I couldnt get PRICELINE to underbid hotwire and i got a car for $13/day that fit 5 people comfortably and 4 large luggage. THis was dec 8-dec21 2008 in florida; west palm beach to orlando. Most companies give unlimited miles but read all fineprint. I tried to under bid and all bids even ones that matched hotwire were rejected and offers were higher than hotwire; maybe someone else has otrher experiences with priceline and winning b ids with car's in different area or states?

I agree with you least expensive way to travel is best!! HAVE FUN VISITING YOUR FAMILY

relaxing41 :o :) :)

Hello

When i used the site's bidding tool I noticed less than $17. per day in Philadelphia on the Hotwire window ad. I can't seem to access this rate. Or maybe I have to find magic dates ? Do these cars that are bid on have unlimited miles?

I just ran a search on HOTWIRE using the link at the top of the page. I see a full size for $17.99 per day for your dates.

I have betten HOTWIRE car rental prices with PRICELINE. Hotwire sometimes is cheaper.

From the home page go to the bottom you will see a rental car section. In that section I see a win for $9 per day.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?sho...hl=Philadelphia

Have you tried any bidding yet?

Were you able to see the $17.99 rate at HOTWIRE that powerplantop referenced above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thereuare thanks for asking. I never found it but i found a little higher.

I did find $18.50 for the first 3 car classes at Avis on PL by using street address search about 5 miles from the airport. It seems a choice of airport fees or a cab ride if I can't find a rail/subway offsite from PHL.

I'll be posting NJ or PA hotels as I search for a Sunday night stay in AC or near Philly before the return trip. Probably asking for help identifying hotels first (lol). I will post the results of my car bid in the appropriate spot too.

I followed the link to PRICELINE and bid $10 on a premium car and was denied. That initial first bid is the hardest I think. Especially with not knowing where to start but after some serious reading here the past few days looking at past tips I think I have a good grasp of the techniques to use. I think I still have time to bid the car with a dollar a day increase (mar 26th arrival).

Thank you everyone for your help. I'll be asking again just in the right places. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]