Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Hyatt Regency

ctaylor45
By ctaylor45,
in

I want to check into a hotel in or around San Francisco through Hotwire for dates Feb. 13 - 15 2009. After searching on hotwire I have narrowed down to 3 hotels and would like to see if you can help me decipher what hotels they are.

1. 3* in Civic Center South - Hayes Valley Feb. 13-15 09. 55$ a night, total comes out to 131.10 for 2 nights and tax.

amenities: fitness center, business center, laundry services, high speed internet access.

2. 4* in S. SFO Intl Airport - Burlingame Feb 13-15 09. 69$ a night, total is 163.00 for 2 nights and tax.

amenities: airport shuttle, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed internet access, and golf nearby

3. 4* in Union Square West Feb 13-15 09. 86$ a night, total is 204.60 for 2 nights and tax.

amenities: fitness center, restaurant, business center, and high speed internet access

I think the 3* is a holiday Inn, the 4* in USW is the Clift, and I don't have any idea what the 4* at the airport is. I don't believe its the Embassy Suites. Can someone help me figure these 3 hotels out for sure? Im leaning towards the 4* in USW. Thanks!

Priceline will usually beat Hotwire on price, but the low price varies by date. Since Hotwire has a 4* in USW for $86 you can probably (not always) win a Priceline 4* for less than that. I'd start bidding at $65 and move up from there.

If you want a specific bidding strategy please let us know which of the four Downtown zones with 4* hotels are acceptable to you.

If you bid on your own please use this PRICELINE link and let us know what you get.

Well I ended up getting the Hyatt Regency for 75 bucks a night through PRICELINE.

I would have gone with the 86 dollar HOTWIRE deal, but didnt want to risk getting the clift, which looks cool but also looks TINY.

I used the PRICELINE link on BB website too :)

Does anyone know if there are any cheaper parking garages near the hyatt? I dont want to pay 30 a night for parking :)

thank you!

I don't have specific parking suggestions but $30/night is at the low end for downtown SF hotels. Some 4* hotels charge over $50/night now. Hopefully someone can offer you a cheaper parking alternative. The Hyatt is near a BART stop. If you don't plan on using your car in town you could park in one of BART's remote garages and take the train to your hotel.

Congratulations on your win!

Hope you're happy with this property and it will work well for your plans.

The BART lots are a good suggestion as is looking at longterm parking at the airport and taking Bart to the hotel (i'm not from the area so perhaps Colfax or one somebody else who does know the area can comment if this would be a cost effective alternative vs. one of the Bart lots)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]