Hotwire Hotel: 3* Hollywood area

rietje
By rietje,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding, rietje.

This hotel's ID hasn't beeen confirmed with a purchase yet but I suspect it's the "Ramada Hotel Hollywood Near Universal" on Vermont Ave, with a new smoke-free icon. That hotel has gone smoke-free and the TripAdvisor stats (3/5, 220+ reviews) also match the Ramada Hollywood.

This hotel is $119 on Orbitz, so $106 is nothing to jump at.

If you're willing to spend $106 I think you can do better than this.

Can you tell us anything more about your trip that might help us make appropriate suggestions? Will a room with one bed enough? Will you be parking a car?

Hi Colfax,

Thanks for your answer.

Oke, I think I look for another hotel.

The hotel should be a 3 * in the neighborhood of Hollywood boulevard. If the price is less than $ 106 that would ofcourse be better. :)

A room with one bed is fine by us and yes we are traveling by car (free parking would be fine!). We arrive 10 august on LAX. At 29 and 30 august we'll be back at LA because we go home at 31 august (Holland, thats why my English is not so good I think).

Greetz from Riet

Your English is better than my Dutch, rietje. I understand you just fine.

Most hotels in Hollywood charge for parking. Even the Hollywood Motel 6 charges. Parking could be in the $20-30/night range at a 4* hotel and less than that at lower rated hotels.

I'm not sure of your budget or what types of hotels you like, so I'll throw out a couple of options in different classes, all within walking distance of Hollywood Blvd:

1) Bid for a 4* on Priceline. If you get anything it will be the Renaissance or Roosevelt. Renaissance is $299 for your dates and Roosevelt $319. If Priceline has a 4* it will probably be in the $100-$150 range, with parking additional.

2) Bid for a 3* on Priceline. The 3* Hollywood Heights Hotel is $159.20 for your dates. It's about 3-4 blocks from Hollywood Blvd with $20/parking. If you'd like this I'd suggest bidding up to about $75 for a 3* on Priceline. It's possible some other 3* hotel could come up but so far the Hollywood Heights is the only 3* that's been reported.

3) Hollywood Orchid Suites Hotel. This is a lower rated hotel, 2.5* or 2*, but the location is excellent, next to the Renaissance and Kodak Theater, and the reviews are very good for a hotel of its class. The rooms have full kitchens and parking is free. The Hollywood Orchid is $119 for your dates.

4) Bid for a 2.5* or 2* on Priceline. You might win something in the $50's or $60's, with parking $10 or less. Some of the 2* hotels are on Vermont or Western, which isn't as convenient a location as the other three options. Still near Hollywood Blvd, but a different section of the street than the others. Maybe not an issue since you'll have a car.

It might be too early to bid for August dates now, but if your dates are firm you can try. Let us know if any of these options interest you and someone can suggest a specific bidding strategy.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links when you bid.

You're welcome, rietje.

August is a long way off and it's possible a higher rated hotel Hollywood hotel will become available for the Orchid's price between now and August.

If you want we can review the Hollywood situation in a couple months and see if any other options have emerged. Meanwhile you've got a solid backup booked.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]