Cancel my request offer

JayStar224
By JayStar224,
in

I went online to Priceline and thought I was definitely buying a ticket through priceline but that wasn't the case. I found out later it was a bid offer or something like that. This is my first time using Priceline. Well, my offer didn't go through. I never received an email confirmation and when I called Priceline it said my credit card will not be charge and I should try again online. However, I just want to confirm that my bid will not be processed. How do I contact Priceline and not talk to automation. Please someone help!!!! :)

It sounds like you made a bid and it wasn't accepted. If that's the case, your bid is not going to go through.

If you want to bid again, set up a profile first. That will make it easy to tell what your rejected bids are.

Thank you so much for responding. I have a profile and rather I go to Review My Trips or Check Your Request Status I get the following message:

You wil receive an e-mail notification regarding the status of your ticket request, or you may contact Priceline Customer Service at 1-800-340-0575 (when calling from the United States/Canada or +44 (0)20 7136 8462 (when calling from anywhere else). If you call our 800 number, please have your Priceline Ticket Request Number and the phone number you entered while making your request available.

Your Priceline Ticket Request Number: 000-000-00-00

(This is not actually my ticket request number because I didn't know if I needed to actually post it!)

If you need any further assistance, please vist our Help Center. Thank you for using Priceline.

So I called the 1-800 Number because I am within and when I called that is when they told me that my card will not be charged and I should check priceline.com and try again.

I went online to Priceline and thought I was definitely buying a ticket through priceline but that wasn't the case. I found out later it was a bid offer or something like that. This is my first time using Priceline. Well, my offer didn't go through. I never received an email confirmation and when I called Priceline it said my credit card will not be charge and I should try again online. However, I just want to confirm that my bid will not be processed. How do I contact Priceline and not talk to automation. Please someone help!!!! :)

JayStar go to Priceline.com at the top on the right click check my trips.

Sign in then you will see the status of all recent bids. If it does not have a check mark then it was not accepted. You can print the page for proof.

JayStar go to Priceline.com at the top on the right click check my trips.

Sign in then you will see the status of all recent bids. If it does not have a check mark then it was not accepted. You can print the page for proof.

It does have a check mark! Is there anyway I can withdrawl my bid and re-bid or just withdrawl my bid?

When you click on the Request Number does it pull a reservation with flight information?

Not flight information at all! It actually says this

You wil receive an e-mail notification regarding the status of your ticket request, or you may contact Priceline Customer Service at 1-800-340-0575 (when calling from the United States/Canada or +44 (0)20 7136 8462 (when calling from anywhere else). If you call our 800 number, please have your Priceline Ticket Request Number and the phone number you entered while making your request available.

Your Priceline Ticket Request Number: 000-000-00-00

(This is not actually my ticket request number because I didn't know if I needed to actually post it!)

If you need any further assistance, please vist our Help Center. Thank you for using Priceline.

So I called the 1-800 Number because I am within the US and when I called the 800 Number thats when Priceline's Automation System said, "I am sorry but we were unable to fine an airline wililng release seats at the specification your have requested. Your credit card has not be charged. To resubmit this request please log on to priceline.com"

Does that mean there is no way they will process my bid? My trip is for today so I had to book another flight pronto and I just want to make sure I am not charged twice. :)

Don't know if it's applicable, but sorta the same thing happened with me when I tried to pay for a flight using Paypal once.

Paypal showed my Delta airlines ticket as "pending," but there was no flight information and no confirmation. Well, of course, I needed to have an actual e-ticket and confirmation, but Delta said that only Paypal could cancel the charge to my credit card. Naturally, speaking with a "live" person at Paypal was nearly impossible. I was concerned that if I rebooked the flight with Delta, I'd be charged twice since the reservations were non-refundable and I was in limbo . . . pending.

Long story short: I chanced it and rebooked paying Delta directly with my credit card and then spent the next few hours wading through the Byzantine structure of Paypal until I reached a human being. After about 45 minutes of explanations, insistance and "let me speak to your supervisor", I was finally given notice that the status was no longer pending and I would not be charged for the original reservation.

A huge headache, to be sure! A semi-credible explanation I received was that the charge on my credit card didn't go through electronically (the Paypal guy said it was a computer hiccup - very convincing terminology) at the time of Paypal's request, so the reservation didn't go through with Delta, it just stayed "pending."

Best of luck to you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]