Hotwire Hotel: 3* Sacramento (Downtown) Holiday Inn Express

scogirl
By scogirl,
in

Both of the 'known' 4* hotels for zone are over $300/nite for these dates so your sub-$100 bid may not be enough for a 4 star hotel. To give it a try...

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline offers 3.5* bidding in Downtown Sacramento, if you'd like to try that before 3*. Nobody's reported a 3.5* win Downtown before and I'm not sure there's a 3.5* hotel in the zone. Priceline sometimes offers 3.5* bidding where they don't have 3.5* hotels. If there is a 3.5* in the zone it could be Joie de Vivre's Citizen Hotel that just opened a couple months ago. The Citizen is near the known 4* hotels and has been getting good reviews.

If you'd like to try for a 3.5* your free rebid zones are the same as when you bid for a 4*, namely every zone but Rancho Cordova. I'd repeat the strategy theruare gave you for a 4*, from $60-95.

Before bidding for a 3* on Priceline be aware that Priceline defines the Downtown zone to include the UC-Davis Medical Center area on Stockton Blvd, which most people wouldn't consider part of Downtown Sacramento. A 3* Courtyard by Marriott has been reported in that area . I haven't heard that it's a bad hotel but if you want to be in the heart of Downtown, within walking distance of the Capitol, you might not get that bidding for a 3*. If you'd still like a 3* strategy though let us know.

Please post the icons you see for any Hotwire hotels you're interested in. You can post them to this thread. If you end up purchasing on Hotwire the whole thread will be moved to the Hotwire section.

That was my guess too and I got it. I will post on a new thread. I used your HOTWIRE link.

3* Sacramento (Downtown) Holiday Inn Express - Hotwire

March 23-25, 2009

$52 a night

Amenities were:

Breakfast

Gym

Business Center

Laundy

High Speed Internet

Tennis

I originally wanted a 4* but for these dates I got rejected on Priceline at up to $105 a night and decided to go a cheaper route.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results... we're hapy to have helped.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just received an email from Hotwire with the following information. Basically they have taken off the laundry facilities for this hotel and have offered me a refund or Hotwire Dollars.

Here is the exact email language:

We are contacting you about your upcoming stay at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento. Hotwire Itinerary ********. We regret that the hotel is not able to offer the Laundry Facilities (self-service) that was listed on our website. We periodically review our representation of our hotel partners' amenities for the most accurate and up-to-date information and have made a change to our Web site to reflect the current offerings of Holiday Inn Express Sacramento.

As such, we would like to offer you the option of either canceling the reservation for a full refund along with 50 HotDollars, or keeping the reservation and receiving 50% of your entire stay in HotDollars. Your HotDollars can be used to book any flight, car rental, hotel reservation or package on the Hotwire Web site. Each one is equivalent to one U.S. dollar in value and is available for one year from the date of issuance. Should you choose to cancel, we would be happy to assist you in rebooking to be certain that you are accommodated during your trip.

I am happy with the Holiday Inn Express so I kept it. I went with the 50% of your stay HotDollars and they were great to credit them immediately and very good to work with on the phone. I couldn't be happier. I can even book the HotDollars in someone elses name if I want and they last 1 year.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]