Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

socaltam
By socaltam,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Assuming the above is also showing a Tripadvisor rating of 3.5/5.0 (as it does on my own HOTWIRE search for your dates)... then the above is a match for the Westin and that woudl be my best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Things could be different this year due to the economy, but summer is usually the most expensive time in Seattle (cruise ship passengers as well as the beautiful weather) and in years past we have seen PRICELINE wins for ~$110-$135/nite... but that's on PRICELINE where you need to be willing to accept any 4* hotel in the zone that you select. HOTWIRE rates are usually a little higher than PRICELINE, but you're able take an educated guess as to the property you will likely receive... so that is the trade-off for the price difference and you need to decide if the lowest price is most important to you OR a good deal but having a guess as to what the property may likely be before your purchase.

You can also see historical wins for this timeframe by using our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we don't need the pool, it was just one of the amenities listed for the current 4* hotwire property I was trying to identify-which was likely the Westin. I reserved a room already at Westin for $188 AAA discount- just exploring Priceline & Hotwire options

thanks for the responses. I might give Priceline a try. We are cruising out of Peir 91 & it doesnt seem like any of the hotels or sightseeing options are up in that area

I know Seattle a little bit, but not entirely familiar with the area surrounding the pier... is there anything there? (i'm guessing not) You'll be spending 2 nites in Seattle, i think you'd be much better staying downtown and taking a cab to the pier on embarkation day than looking for a hotel close to the pier... it appears that Downtown is less than 5 miles (more like 2-4 miles) from Terminal 91.

• 2 months later...

Bid once yesterday for $70 Seattle Pikes Place 4* and then again today for $75 and bid was accepted. Yesterday I receved a message I hadn't seen before- saying I could bid again & not wait the 24hrs if I increased my bid by $20- whatever it stated made me think that as long as I increased the bid by $20 my bid would be accepted- I can't remember the wording.

Hotwire had the Westin Seattle yesterday for $94/night and today with 4 people occupancy it wasn't available but was available for $99 w/ 1-3 persons.

Yesterday I used the betterbidding link but today I responded on my declined bids link- I hope this still worked for the site? but now that I am thinking about it - I probably should have come back to the betterbidding site & started a new bid? :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]