Hotwire Hotel: 3* Ontario Intl Airport ONT East 2/20-2/21/09

joryan
By joryan,
in

This property has not yet been identified.

We often see good deals in this area via PRICELINE, have you considered that option, or is there a particular hotel in the area you're trying to avoid?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I actually used Priceline for a 3.5* in the same area. I started my bid at $50 and have been increasing my bid in $5 increments. My last bid was at $89, which was rejected. I also added one other zone that doesn't offer 3.5*. Since the Hotwire price was not much more than the $89, I wanted to see if the hotel was decent and if I should go with that.

I also understand that the Hotwire is a 3* versus 3.5* with Priceline. Would you know which 3* hotels Priceline uses for the same date in the same area?

Thanks for all your help!

It can't be said if the 3.5* on HOTWIRE is a 3* on PRICELINE... although this is a possibility, i think more of their hotels are rated the same than different (especially as each has just re-done their entire rating system)

The Hotel Indigo is the only 3* PRICELINE hotel reproted to the board, but there are other possibilities as well (including Residence Inn, Hyatt Place, and possibly the Sheraton). You can see a list of hotels reported to the board at all star levels in the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to book directly with the hotel. The prices had gone up considerably on Priceline overnight. The median for the 3.5* was at $119 on Saturday morning and had gone up to a median of $203 by Monday. The median for 3* was $199. With that being said, even my last bid of $94 was denied. The hotel I ended up getting was not much more than the 3* offered by Hotwire.

Thank you for all your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]