Priceline Hotel: Bidding strategy for San Francisco 4/ 4.5* 2/15-2/18

mirsy
By mirsy,
in

Hi, I am brand new to this and have never bid for hotel accommodation. I owuld love to be able to find something along the lines of Westin St Francis or San Fran Inter Continental at around $100. I have no idea where to begin? I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you

HI,

I am looking at San Fran 2/15-2/18 and these deals came up on Hotwire - can anyone assist with identifying the hotels? I have never used Hotwire or Priceline before.

4.5* USE $140 p/n fitness center/ pool/ restaurant/s, business centre/high speed internet

4* USE $113 p/n fitness center/ restaurant/s, business centre/high speed internet/ spa

4* USW $92 p/n fitness center/ restaurant/s, business centre/high speed internet

Thanks so much

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Two of the three hotels above are above the $100 target you're trying to achieve that you mention in your first post.

If you're not familar with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, this thread explains the similarities and differences between the two services: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

Please read the above and feel free to ask questions and/or let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 4.5* USE looks like a match for the Intercontinental SF. (That's the new Intercontinental on Howard Street, not the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins.)

The 4* USE looks like the Westin St. Francis.

The 4* in USW could be either the Parc 55 or Clift. Both hotels have displayed those icons in the past, and Hotwire doesn't offer any TripAdvisor stats for this option that would help narrow down which of those two it is.

Another interesting option is a 4* on Nob Hill for $119 with Restaurant, Business, Highspeed, and Spa. That hotel hasn't been confirmed with a purchase yet but the TripAdvisor stats (3.5/5, 20+ reviews) are a match for the Huntington Hotel and Spa.

If you purchase any of the above please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]