Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Francisco (Airport SFO) Staybridge Suites

craz
By craz,
in

I have a MR upcoming in a few weeks leaving early Mon morn (arriving Sun evening to SFO.)

So no car needed or wanted.

If I bid for a 3* in the 2 above zones does anyone know if I can get stuck with a Hotel that will Not have a free shuttle to/from SFO.

Im holding a res at the RI for $106ai would Love to get a place for close to $50. Wont bid lower then a 3*

All known hotels rated 3* or higher in the SFO and South SF zones had a free airport shuttle at last reports. It's possible a hotel could have dropped its shuttle service though and that just hasn't been reported here yet. I think it's a fairly remote possibility since a hotel without a shuttle wouldn't do well near the airport. Still, a shuttle isn't guaranteed on Priceline.

Do you see anything on HOTWIRE for your date? (What is your date, btw?) We might be able to identify the hotel and you could confirm its shuttle status prior to purchase.

The majority of accepted 3* bids in SFO zone are picked up by the Holiday Inn, which some people don't like. (Personally I find the HI adequate for a brief stay.) You can check HI's reviews here and on TripAdvisor to see if it would suit you. If it doesn't either bid 4* on PRICELINE or purchase something on HOTWIRE.

Colfax Thanks for your help, thats what keep me from Bidding for a 3* in Irvine/Costa Mesa as there are some props there w/o a shuttle that were won.

My Date is 2/1 for 1 night

I read the reviews on the HI and if I can get it for a $40 or so bid I wouldnt have any problems with it. Wont get there till 8:30pm and have a 7:40am flight on 2/2. So simply looking for a shower and bed to catch a few ZZZs on. Along with a free shuttle of cause

Hotwire has a 2* in NSFO/Oyster Point for $29 match= Shuttle,pool,restaurant,laundry and it shows internet in a grey color box (whatever that means)

Any idea which place?

I can't say you'll win the HI for $40, and the HI isn't the only 3* you could win. A couple weeks ago I won the HI for $42 after $40 was rejected.

You've got some time and one free rebid zone so you could try $38/$40 today and $42/$45 24 hours later.

You might as well include the South SF zone in your bid at the same time, if you want, because all those South SF hotels have shuttles, and some are nicer than the HI.

I guess I'd try $38 for 3* in SFO + SSF to start. Then add Lombard-Marina (free rebid) at $40.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link.

Personally I wouldn't go for the Hotwire 2* at $29, as there are a couple of ragged motels in the area, including a Travelodge. If the 3* HI is good enough for you then you'd probably be satisfied bidding 2.5* on Priceline in the SFO zone too. The 2.5* Staybridge Suites and Best Western have shuttles and are decent hotels for the money.

I was just playing with hot and w/o a doubt the 2* is the TravelLodge , can book it straight from them and save 50 cents over what hot would end up after Hots fees.

Seems the GoodNightInn is switching to a CityGarden or something like that

I will stick with PL as much as I HATE them and will post back what I end with if anything, its got to cost alot less then the $106ai I have for the RI otherwise Im going to stay with the RI for MR credit

and I will use the PRICELINE link off of here

Ok what should be the Bid for the 2 1/2* I havent seen any mentioned on the board, where its a couple of 3s but mainly 4*s that people want. Hate to get a 2 1/2 at $40 if I can get it for less?

Since you have some time I'd suggest trying $36 for a 2.5* in SFO zone. Then add your only free rebid, Lombard/Marina, and bid $38.

If that fails wait 24 hours and try $40/$42.

If a 3* hotel has a lower Priceline rate your 2.5* bid will be upgraded.

If you bid 2.5* level I'd stick to SFO zone only---not including the South SF zone as you might if you were bidding 3*. There could be an unreported 2.5* in South SF without a shuttle. (I don't think there is, but why take a chance?) If $36/38 for 2.5* in SFO fails then you can close your browser, reaccess PRICELINE through the link, and do fresh bids of $36/38 for 3* in South SF zone only.

Also immediately before you bid you should verify that Lombard/Marina still only goes to 2*, so that it's safe to use as a free rebid.

Good luck. Please let us know how it goes.

thanks, been using the BB link but so far they dont like me

Tried $35 2 1/2* SFO added the free zone went to $37 NG

tried just now 3* SFO $37 then added SSF and $39 NG

will try again during the week while in HNL ( free stay at the ES)

was hoping to keep it below $55

when I said $55 I meant including PLs profit (fees) and tax included

Beautiful sunset tonight here in HNL, beats the snow of NY any day

OK started tonight with SSF @ $38 Pl came back if I increased my bid by $11 I can have the 3*, I then added SFO and went to $40, got a message to wait for the details of my won bid. Only to get another message that my bid failed. At $40 its $53.33 ai so that means a $41 max for me.

will play again tommorrow, time is still on my side

thanks for all your advice and I am using the PRICELINE Link provided

Finally!

Tried last night again nothing.

today decided to start at 3* SFO @ $41 NG, added SSF and went up to $42 NG

Closed up and tried 2 1/2* SFO @ $40 yesterday and the day before $38 and 39 were declined

Staybridge Suites it is and kept me below the $55 i wanted to stay beneath too

Thanks Colfax for your help, and Yes all the bidding was done this time via your Link :)

since this thread is long Im going to start a new one so that people can see the winning bid, if its against your TSOs Im sure you'll edit this thread somehow

after trying to land a 3* in SFO or SSF and no luck bidding up to $42 over the past week+, I retried 2 1/2* SFO Only, I was declined yesterday at $38 so I tried $40 tonight and got it $53.33 ai

now to cancel my $106ai @ the Residence Inn my backup

used the BB PRICELINE link!

Thanks to Colfax who helped me thru this with some very sightful info (on the other thread)

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and this will work well for your plans... and at well under half price of your backup booking.

I've merged the threads so that others can see the 'saga' which led to the win. It's more meaningful than just seeing the results so newbies no sometimes it takes some effort and it doesn't awlays come easy (or quickly)

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]