Priceline Hotel: Victoria bidding help

sb589004
By sb589004,
in

Hi - looking for help on a good strategy to start bidding for Victoria BC, hopefully 3 or 4 star but maybe 2, for one night, Aug 14, 2004.

Hotwire rates seem pretty high so I assume I'll need to bid fairly high on Priceline. Also, is there any way to re-bid for a place like Victoria when there's only one zone?

I'm fairly new to this and look forward to any ideas anyone has. Thanks!

Given your preference for 3* and 4* hotels, I wouldn't suggest bidding for a a 2* hotel particularly if you are only in Victoria for one night, unless you choose the hotel. The 2* Red Lion hotel is not in the best location and it doesn't have good reviews.

There aren't any rebid zones.

I'd definitely check out Expedia too. Some people like Victoria B&Bs also, but I don't know anything about those.

Thank you! No, I don't have a backup reservation yet. Looking for that tonight as well.

As far as maximum bid, well, we're definitely going to be there that night so I have to find something... :) ...and it looks like I can probably find a Best Western or Holiday Inn for a bit over $100 US ($125 or so with tax, etc.), which I guess would be fine.

So I guess there's no point in bidding too much over $100 US. And I guess with it only a week away and 72 hours between re-bids and only one zone, I don't have a whole bunch of bids I could try.

Thanks for your help and ideas!

Based upon the Hotwire rates you mention above as being high and this recent PRICELINE VICTORIA win i would start by trying $100 for a 4 and if rejected lowering to 3* and bidding $95.

Theoretically you could bid $90 for the 3* and then raise to $95 in 72 hours, but given that it's getting close to check-in date and this stay is only for one nite, i wouldn't quibble over $5 (just my opinion).

Without re-bids and much time there's not too much 'fancy work' that can be done.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes. (or feel free to ask add'l questions if any remain).

PS- the MARRIOTT is available for ~$135 and depending upon your needs may be worth the few extra dollars over the Best Western or Holiday Inn if you end up having to book direct

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, no luck...must be tight demand there.

Bid $100 for 4 star, rejected

Re-bid $100 for 3 star, rejected

I don't think I want the Red Lion, so not going to bid on 2 star. Reserved the Marriott you mentioned through that link, but I think I'll keep my eyes open for the next few days. Let me know if anyone sees anything better.

Thanks for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]