CA Los Angeles Holiday Inn Airport LAX

texashighway
By texashighway,
in

I stayed at this hotel on 1/13/2009 winning a Priceline bid of $40. I was concerned with a disclaimer on the hotel's website:

09/02/08 until 09/02/09 we will be under MAJOR RENOVATION. Expect loud noise, scaffolding, dust etc. 7am - 7pm

There will be NO DISCOUNTS/REFUNDS due to renovation

The entire structure is framed in scaffolding. The front desk clerk told me the hotel is undergoing a complete renovation from top to bottom, room by room. She said presently the 7th through 12th floors were being worked on so she put me on the 2nd floor. The view outside my room was not pretty; dirt and construction debris were everywhere. But I did not hear any noise at all from the renovation, only the normal airport noise. In fact, it appeared to be an off-day; the only workers I saw were a paint crew lounging around. Maybe that's why the renovation is scheduled to take a full year! This property is in serious need of the renovation. The room looked tattered and worn. Inexplicably, there is no in-room coffee available during the renovation period but free coffee to-go is available in the restaurant. The wireless internet in the room was unreliable. However, the shuttle service appears very reliable, running every 15 minutes. The shuttle is shared with the Westin and La Quinta. A couple of aggressive panhandlers tried to hustle me in the McDonald's parking lot in front of the hotel. You probably wouldn't want to wander aimlessly in this area late at night. I didn't sample the restaurant or other amenities so I can't comment on them. In spite of the inconveniences, I thought it was ok for my one-nighter at forty bucks. You just need to have a sense of adventure whenever you bid on an LAX 2.5* hotel!

• 2 months later...

I stayed here on March 23rd for 1 night (40.00)before I left early the next morning. I didnt arrive until 9:30pm and I left @ 5am. Still too long for one of the grossiest hotels I've ever had the displeasure of staying in. I wasnt aware of the renovations going on at the time I placed my bid. The rooms were old, and dirty. There was NO deadbolt lock OR chain lock. Both of them were broken off. I didnt feel very safe in my room. The tv was broken and I had to call someone to fix it. The cable was lose and they could not get it attatched. The one thing that pissed me off the most was that I didnt get my wake up call NOR did the alarm go off. I usually toss and turn when I have to get up early for fear that I wont get up and of course my fears did come true. Thankfully, I was up at 4am( when I asked for a 4:30 call). I had no problems with the shuttle service. There was also no free business center( although I believe wireless was free). There was no where for me to print out my boarding pass unless I paid.

Be aware that there is no pool or fitness center during renovations. I would NOT stay in this hotel for any extended period of time. Its fine for an overnight stay( if you're leaving early the next day), but thats about it.

Happy Travelling, Randi
  • 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]