Hotwire Car rentals

aberose
By aberose,
in

Why would i care what company it is? or should i?

You would care about the company if:

- you have frequent renter status with one or more companies that gives you free upgrades, faster service, etc.

- you want to earn frequent flier miles, hotel points, etc.

- you want to rent a specific specialty car (Hertz Prestige/Green/Fun Collections, Avis Cool Cars)

Szymon

Two other aspects:

1) your HOTWIRE purchase is non-refundable, so you should only commit to a purchase once your plans are firm

2) if you intend on signing up an additional driver, some companies charge extra for this and others don't, and this has caused me to book direct on a few occaisions when i thought my wife and i would be looking to each split the driving over the course of the trip

If you'd like to move forward with this rental please let us know the dates and location in a reply to this thread, we'll then move this thread to the correct section of the board and advise you further there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have had two good experiences with car rentals using HOTWIRE and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

However this past xmas, I needed to get a few more miles with my Mileage Plus so I decided to try carrentals.com. I came up with the same rate and the same kind of national car rental company.

But with carrentals, you get to see which company it is before you commit. (BTW, with United Mileage Plus, I had to pay $2 each day approx for the car rental company to process my card which I thought was a rip off but what can you do?!).

whats the chances in Las Vegas that it wont be the airport location. Which are all with a shuttle anyway.
In Vegas, you would get one of the companies at the consolidated Rental Car Center accessible with a shuttle.

A newcomer to cheap rentals in Vegas is Simply Wheelz, check their prices and compare with HOTWIRE as well.

Szymon

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]