Hotwire Hotel: Star Rating Steamboat Springs

tundra37
By tundra37,
in

It appears that there are some 3 1/2 star rated hotels in Steamboat Springs Colorado. I am interested in knowing how many are 3 1/2 star and what the names of those hotels are. I have been to Steamboat a few times and most lodging there is not hotels but mainly condos. The only hotels that I can think of that would be 3 1/2 star are the Steamboat Grand and the Sheraton. Are there others?

This is a posted in the HOTWIRE section of the board... is there a specific 3.5* property that you're currently being offered by HOTWIRE? If so, what are the amenities associated with the property you're being offered?

Or were you actually looking at PRICELINE?

What are the date(s) of your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry I did not include my dates. Dates are; arrival on January 20, 2009 and departure January 23, 2009 (3 Nights)

I would look at a specific 3.5 * property if I knew which properties are considered to 3.5* and that is my question.

As I recall there are not a lot of hotel properties in Steamboat Springs, most are condo units. To my knowldege, some of the condo buildings do not have self contained restaurants and likely none have room service. I prefer a hotel with restaurant on the property and with the availability of room service and I want to be certain of such before I bid on Priceline and get locked in.

Sorry I did not include my dates for visit to Steamboat Springs, Colorado . Dates are; arrival on January 20, 2009 and departure January 23, 2009 (3 Nights)

I would look at a specific 3.5 * property if I knew which properties are considered to 3.5* and that is my question.

As I recall there are not a lot of hotel properties in Steamboat Springs, most are condo units. To my knowldege, some of the condo buildings do not have self contained restaurants and likely none have room service. I prefer a hotel with restaurant on the property and with the availability of room service and I want to be certain of such before I bid on Priceline and get locked in.

There is no "finite" list of PRICELINE properties so there is no assurance that you will receive a hotel with a restaurant and rooom service... you can use the "retail" version of PRICELINE to get a guess as to some of the hotels at each star level, but while there is much overlap, the two services use a different pool of hotels and you can't be assured that any hotels appearing in the retail version also participate in the "Name Your Own Price" section of their website, nor that all hotels participating in the Name Your Own Price also participate in the 'retail' version. There is a further discussion of this in the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Given your needs, HOTWIRE may be a better option... does anything within your budget (and with a Restaurant icon) appear when searching HOTWIRE for your dates? (still no guarantee room service would be offered, but perhaps we can take an educated guess as to the property offered and then determine if room service is offered at that property)

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have two weeks to bid on a reservation in Steamboat Springs, Colorado for arrival on January 20th for a 3-night stay, so I can start out low and bid my way up. My plan was to just bid for one day to allow some recovery capability in the event a 3* hotel that I deem as unacceptable accpets my low bid, I would just eat it. However if a 3* hotel that is acceptable to me accepts my offer, is it likely that I would be able to go back and add two additional days?

On Priceline, one of the 3* Hotels in Stemaboat Springs for Jan 20, 2008 to Jan 23, 2008 is the Winterwood Townhomes. The Winterwood Townhomes website states that there are 12 condo units in WinterWood and all 12 units are 3 level with 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms with occupancy of up to 6 or 8 people. I only have 4 people in my party. The price listed on Priceline for one of these units is $270.00 per night. So if I were to "name your own price" and acheive a winning bid of $135 on Priceline does that mean we stay for 1/2 price or do I have to pay double for having 4 people according to the footnote at the bottom of the priceline bidding page which reads "Please Note: Prices shown are for double occupancy and not include taxes, service fees or additional hotel charges."

The only other 3* hotel listed in Steamboat Springs for Jan 20th to 23rd is the Steamboat Grand Resort. The Steamboat Grand Resort has a mix of room configurations from Studio with sofa bed to 2 bedroom deluxe condo with 3 baths. If I "name your own price" at Steamboat Grand, I gather at the discretion of the hotel, we could be placed in the smallest unit they have and therefore would need two rooms in order to accomodate 4 people comfortably. I prefer the Steamboat Grand but I don't want to spread-out over two rooms and have to pay for two rooms that may not even be adjoining. At the Steamboat Grand, they offer a one bedroom condo (bedroom & living room) which can be booked directly with the hotel for $422.00 nightly and we would be OK in this type of 1BR condo unit. I would like to name my own price on this type of 1BR condo unit. How do I accomplish that?

Please don't start a new topic for the same dates of travel.

when bidding for a 3* there is a possibility that you could get upgraded to a 3.5*, so its difficult to target a specific property with Priceline. If you did win this condo, its possible that you could be charged for the additonal two adults, but I doubt it would be double.

Have you considered HOTWIRE? There is a 1br condo available for $154 with the following amenities when searching for 4 adults:

1-Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Free Parking

Air Conditioning

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Front Desk

Tennis Nearby

Condo

Unfortunately, this property has not been identified, but you will be guaranteed accomodations for 4, the second bed could be a pull out sofa bed.

Thoughts?

I only have 4 people in my party.
PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, so you'd be taking a risk if you bid for only one room... you could get a room with only one bed and/or be charged extra for the extra guests.

This, in addtion to the needs/wants you mention above, may be another reason why HOTWIRE may be a better option for you (HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy)

I am still working on 3 nights accomodations for Steamboat Springs, Colorado for 4 people (2 Adult/2 Teen) for arrival on Tuesday January 20, 2009 and departure Friday January 23, 2009. When I go to the Priceline retail site for thise dates it only list one (1) 3.5* hotel and that is the Sheraton. Does that mean that if I submit an acceptable Name Your Own Price bid that I will be placed in the Sheraton.

Please don't start a new topic for the same dates of travel.
x2
When I go to the Priceline retail site for thise dates it only list one (1) 3.5* hotel and that is the Sheraton. Does that mean that if I submit an acceptable Name Your Own Price bid that I will be placed in the Sheraton.
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]