Hotwire Hotel: Help Identifying a Rome 3.5 Central Hotel on Hotwire

lavine
By lavine,
in

Like a previous post I also am trying to identify a Hotel being offered on Hotwire in Rome, Italy. The Hotel is:

3.5 Star Hotel in Rome Central

$119 per night / May 26 - 31, 2009

Amenities are:

Shuttle - Additional charges may apply

Fitness - Additional charges may apply

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

I too am stumped!!

The icons are not consistent with the Golden Tulip Ambra Palace

There are no Tripadvisor "qualifications"

There are no hotels on the Hotwire packages or on Priceline that have similar amenities. Location is so important to me I am hesitant to book - please help me identify this hotel.

The ICHotel brands are often seen with Laundry icons regardless of country, but the Inter-Continental would seem to be higher rated than 3.5* and the Express by Holiday Inn often doesn't have a Restaurant and does offer free breakfast, which do/don't appear above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Any idea yet?

Perhaps others are asking the same question regarding your Priceline Los Angeles thread from 2004 :)

Please remember to follow-up your own threads, for as you can see, the information can help others (even if PRICELINE or HOTWIRE wasn't used, at least posting a conclusion lets others know what was ultimately done, rather than leave them wondering)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was looking at the 3.5 star hotel on Hotwire, and am thinking that the last post may have it right - the Four Points Sheraton Roma. I am looking for something more in the center - Ideally near Piazza Navona / Campo Fiori.

Any Ideas on these other Hotwire Hotels Avalible? All Are Rome Central - for the dates 5/26/09 to 5/31/09.

1. 4 Star - with Breakfast for $148

2. 2.5 Star - With no ammenities for $120

3. 2 Star - With no ammenities for $95

Thanks for your help.

Can you doublecheck that you're still seeing the above properties (i think the last two may be in a zone other than Rome Central)... i see the 4* you're refering to, but the 2.5* i'm showing on a search for your dates has a Complimentary Breakfast icon, and the there is no 2* offered in the Rome Central zone.

Also, are you familiar with the European rating system for hotels? If you're considering a 4* property, a 2.5* or less may very well not be something you'll be happy with.

Yes, the hotels are all there and are in Rome, Central. I just did the search again for the same dates (5/26 - 5/31) and the same hotels came up. I am doing the search for 1 Adult and 1 Child if that matters. As for star rating, I am flexible, this is for a trip with my son and the hotel does not have to be that nice. I have looked into convents and also youth hostels. I am mostly concerned with location. That is why I want to identify the hotels so much. Hotwire's central Rome area is way too large for my liking. So I want to map the hotels. Priceline's central area is better, but I have been rejected 3-5 star at $130, and 2 star at $110.

Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]