Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown East) Novotel

jfdb24
By jfdb24,
in

CORRECTION!

I just booked a 3.5* in Downtown Toronto East convinced it was the Delta Chelsea because of the amenities listed on this post, and in virtually every other users' posting I came across on this forum. I got the Novotel!

This post lists the 3.5* hotels as ...

3.5* Delta Chelsea EAST

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Childrens Activities

(has also been seen without Childrens Activities)

or

Amentiies: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed internet, Business

3.5* Novotel Toronto Centre

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa

BUT IN FACT the Novotel does NOT have a SPA. The $63 listing I bought through hotwire (YES, I USED THE LINKS ON THIS PAGE) did NOT have a "SPA" listed ... so I thought it wasn't the Novotel ... but it WAS the Novotel.

This sucks for me, as I really need to stay at the Delta because of location. I don't know what I'm going to do now! I think I just wasted almost $80 bucks. Oh well ... serves me right for trying to be cheap.

I just booked a 3.5* in Downtown Toronto East convinced it was the Delta Chelsea because of the amenities listed on this post, and in virtually every other users' posting I came across on this forum. It was actually the Novotel.

The pinned post listing Canadian hotels on hotwire shows the 3.5* hotels in Toronto as ...

3.5* Delta Chelsea EAST

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Childrens Activities

(has also been seen without Childrens Activities)

or

Amentiies: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed internet, Business

3.5* Novotel Toronto Centre

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa

BUT IN FACT the Novotel does NOT have a SPA. The $63 listing I bought through hotwire (YES, I USED THE LINKS ON THIS PAGE) did NOT have a "SPA" listed ... so I thought it wasn't the Novotel ... but it WAS the Novotel.

This sucks for me, as I really need to stay at the Delta because of location. I don't know what I'm going to do now! I think I just wasted almost $80 bucks. Oh well ... serves me right for trying to be cheap.

Dont worry you are still in a good Hotel. I am from Toronto and know them both. You are about half a mile south of where you wanted to be. You are close to the King street subway station. There are a lot of good bars and resterunts just outside of your hotel. It is in a very safe area. I hope this info will help, enjoy your stay..........

Dont worry you are still in a good Hotel. I am from Toronto and know them both. You are about half a mile south of where you wanted to be. You are close to the King street subway station. There are a lot of good bars and resterunts just outside of your hotel. It is in a very safe area. I hope this info will help, enjoy your stay..........

Agreed. I have stayed in both the Novotel and Delta Chelsea and would rate Novotel a little ahead of the Delta and they aren't too far from eachother.

Sorry you're disappointed with the hotel you won, jfdb24.

Icons change all the time. The Hotel List just summarizes what's been reported in the past. You're the first to report winning the Novotel without a Spa icon.

In the future if you have any doubt about a hotel's ID feel free to post here before you purchase and someone will take a look and give an opinion.

What are your travel dates?

Also can you post the rest of the Novotel's current icons? That way the Hotel List can be updated and your experience will benefit others. You can still view the icons under "MY ACCOUNT" on Hotwire's homepage.

Thanks for using the BetterBidding HOTWIRE link.

I hope the Novotel works out better than you expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Not disappointed; it was fine (better than Delta Chelsea, actually). The only problem was that I had meetings at the Delta Chelsea, and the rest of my team was staying there! Turned out to be ok, I just had to cab it to the Delta in the morning. Only goes to prove that you may THINK you know what hotel you're buying, but you can never be SURE :)

Anyways the Novotel I bought showed fitness centre, pool, business centre, restaurant and high-speed. NO spa. Paid $63, which worked out to be $77 with fees, converted to CAN$ was about $97 bottom line.

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]