Priceline Hotel: 3* Omaha (Downtown) Doubletree Downtown

day-o
By day-o,
in

I checked your HOTWIRE link and found a few interesting Omaha hotels for these three nights 1/2/09 - 1/5/09. Please help me identify them.

3 star West Omaha $54

fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry

3 star Downtown Omaha $65

fitness, restaurant, business center

2.5 star Downtown Omaha $82

shuttle, comp breakfast, fitness, laundry, internet

2 star Downtown Omaha $84

comp breakfast, pool

Also, can you give me any recommendations for trying to make reservations through Priceline if I don't like the Hotwire choices? What do you think should be starting bids for 3 star hotels in West Omaha and Downtown? Thanks.

First would be a possible match for the Crowne Plaza. The last one would be a possible match for the Comfort Inn at the Zoo.

The middle two are unidentified and aren't coming up on the vacation package side of HOTWIRE, so they would be just *guesses*

The Downtown 3* might be the Hilton Garden Inn, while the downtown 2.5* might be a downgraded Best Western Seville, but again, those two are just guesses.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase (as doing so helps support the site) and let us know how it goes/if you have any questions. Thanks. :)

Also, can you give me any recommendations for trying to make reservations through Priceline if I don't like the Hotwire choices? What do you think should be starting bids for 3 star hotels in West Omaha and Downtown? Thanks.

I can give a Priceline strategy if you decide you want to bid on Priceline. Or do you want one of the options AaronJD looked at?

It's likely you can win a 3* in Omaha West or Downtown for less than Hotwire's $54.

Some Downtown Omaha hotels charge for parking. It's free at all the West zone hotels, if that's a consideration.

I would love to hear your Priceline bidding suggestions. My first choice would be downtown, if that changes the bidding strategy at all. However, I would not be disappointed with a West Omaha hotel if it turns out that way. I am not interested at all in the Best Western Seville. Thank you for any help you can give me.

I just checked Priceline's retail section and the Best Western Seville is rated 2.5*. You won't win the Seville if you bid for a 3* Downtown. Priceline never downgrades your bid.

I presume your bidding limit is $54, since you can purchase an acceptable 3* on Hotwire for $54.

Do you want to bid up to $54 for a 3* in Downtown ONLY first, and then if you don't succeed try for Omaha West? Or are you looking for the least expensive 3* available in either Downtown or West?

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Glad to hear you were happy with your stay and that the board was helpful in your purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and usng our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]