England London Vauxhall Comfort Inn

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

This hotel doesn't look like much from the outside (but then that's my opinion of most buildings in Europe), but your impression of it will change as soon as you walk into the very modern lobby. It must be quite new.

The room too was new and spotless. It was very spacious in European standards and had two single beds, a desk with chairs and a coffee maker. Ample storage for your clothes. The bathroom too was comfortable and modern (shower only - just what guys prefer). Bring soap and shampoo with you if you don't care for the gym-style liquid soap dispensers.

The staff was very nice and let me check in as early as 9AM.

A generous continental breakfast is included even in Priceline's rate.

The hotel has a pay parking lot if you're driving. Otherwise, the tube (Vauxhall station) is about a 10 minute walk, or there's a bus right by the hotel that will take you there or to Victoria station or lots of other places.

• 2 months later...

We just stayed here and will stay here again in about 10 days. We are travelling through Europe right now. Like zbenye says, this is a great place. It is not in an upscale, stylish neighborhood, but I actually prefer it like this. There are great relatively cheap Portuguese restaurants down the streets. It is convenient for Victoria Station access as you just take the #2 bus for a few minutes or take the Victoria Line tube to Vauxhall.

Rack rate were 130 pounds! No free breakfast any more, but we got breakfast for two people for 6.75 pounds plus tip. I would say our room was still small by US standards but indeed probably bigger than most hotel rooms you will get in Europe, short of suites. Plenty sufficient for us anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see this in the subject line, but this is a 2* hotel - the only one that has appeared in Vauxhall so far as I know. I'm convinced it's a better deal and a nicer hotel than many 3* and even 4* in London, based on the reviews I have read.

On our second visit, we got a bigger room and breakfast was included! Maybe it depends on who the desk clerk is. My son noted that other rooms had no-smoking signs, but ours did not, so they probably did book us into a smoking room. However, I did not notice any problem with that, and I am generally sensitive to smoke.

When leaving, we took the tube rather than the bus to Victoria Station, and that was actually easier than trying to fit luggage through the narrow aisles of a bus. We also went at a time when the tube wasn't crowded. We probably would have walked if my suitcase handle hadn't broken.

I noticed some signs about airport transfers/shuttles at the desk. The rates looked fairly good for London, so maybe phone ahead and ask about those if you get this hotel. If we return to London via Gatwick, I would certainly try for this hotel again.

It was great getting a nice hotel room for the price of two hostel dorm beds, to say the least.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]