Hotwire Hotel: 3* Miami (Beach) Circa 39

littlemonkey
By littlemonkey,
in

I am going to take a stab at bidding for a Miami 4* 3 1/2* or resort hotel for 12/28 to 12/29. I only want to stay in South Beach, North Miami Beach or Miami Beach.

So far I think I am going to follow this route:

Bid South Beach 4 star

Rebid South Beach 4 star with Aventura

Rebid South Beach 4 star with Dadeland

Rebid South Beach 4 star with Miami Lakes

Rebid South Beach 4 star with North Miami

Rebid South Beach 4 star with South West Miami

then if I still don't get a hit I will add

South Beach and Miami Beach 4 star

South Beach and North Miami Beach 4 star

I am just not sure how I can change to 3.5* or resorts and be able to get a free bid. Can anyone help?

Also what is a good starting bid for a 4star in South Beach/Miami Beach/North Miami Beach?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To begin...

Are you willing to pay more to stay in South Beach vs. the other two zones OR is your goal the least expensive (it appears) 4* or better in any of the three zones? Would you be willing to pay more for a Resort vs. a 4* or are you looking for the least expensive 4* or better hotel? What about a 4* vs. a 3.5* (or are you looking for the least expensive 3.5* or better hotel)

Once we know the above i'll probably have an additional question since we'll know which direction you want to go, but after that we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking for the least expensive 4* or better hotel. I would definitely consider the least expensive 3.5* or better hotel
Do you want to start trying for a 4* and then if rejected, up to a certain limit, try for a 3.5*... or start with a '3.5* or better'? It's not really clear if you want to set your minimum star rating at the 3.5* or 4* level?

We wouldn't want to suugest a strategy that is more than you were willing to pay, what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Let us know the above and we should be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Start with our link to PRICELINE...

Select 4* Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, and South Beach...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, and South Beach and re-bid zone5...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Followed the link above

Select 4* Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, and South Beach...

Bid $55, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone1...Bid $60, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone2...Bid $65, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone3...Bid $70, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone4...Bid $75, rejected

Closed browere and used link above to re-acess added re-bid zone5...Bid $80 and after submitting the website says: We're sorry you're experiencing problems with our Web site. Please try these quick tips. If you received this page after hitting the "Submit" button, we most likely have received your request and will send you a confirmation e-mail shortly. If you do not receive an e-mail within 20 minutes, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-657-9168. A priceline agent can look up your hotel request number for you.

So now I am just waiting to see if I get an email in the next 15 minutes or so.

Thank you again for the strategy, I hope the next batch of bids will win something for me. Keep you posted.

Clicked on the link above again

Select 4* Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, and South Beach and re-bid zone5...Bid $80, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone1...Bid $85, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone2...Bid $90, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone3...Bid $95, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone4...Bid $100rejected

Going to try the strategy again by starting at 3.5 star and re-bid in zones that are lower than 3.5 star

Followed the link above

Select 3.5* Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, and South Beach...Bid $60,

if rejected add re-bid zone1...Bid $65 rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone2...Bid $70, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone3...Bid $75, rejected

if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access link from above

Select 3.5* Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, and South Beach and re-bid zone4...Bid $80, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone1...Bid $85, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone2...Bid $90, rejected

if rejected add re-bid zone3...Bid $95 rejected

Any thoughts of what to try after 24 hours. Am I realistic in a price for a 4 star or 3.5 star in Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, or South Beach?

I did bid $75 for a 3 star in North Miami Beach, South Beach and Miami Beach and it was rejected.

12/28/200812/29/2008North Miami Beach, North Miami, South Beach, Miami Beach$75 (rejected)

So I used your link for Hotwire last night but I kept getting an error. So now I was able to use your link and Circa 39 is available for $52 plus tax of $14.28 which is $66.28 total from 12/28 to 12/29.

So I booked it as it seems like a decent price for my one night stay.

Thanks to everyone on this board who helped with my purchase. Happy Holidays

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]