Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Downey-Commerce-Norwalk) Doubletree Commerce

vkolli
By vkolli,
in

Hi,

I do not know much about LA. Our Plans are to visit Universal, Santa Monica beaches and Hollywood. Which area do you think that I should focus on that would be convenient for all 3. I am visting during christmas break, so traffic is not much of a concern (I hope). Which area hotels, perhaps 3*, are likely to offer free parking? Traveling with kids, so I would prefer hotels with larger rooms. Would like to keep it below $100.

Which area and which * would you recommend I bid on?

Thanks for your help,

VK

Welcome to the site :)

Do you have specific dates? We really need to have exact dates in order to research, as hotels can vary pricing from day-to-day.

Keep in mind that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy (1 bed). Would you be okay with potentially only having one bed in the room?

Additionally, there's no way to determine which hotel you might get via PRICELINE, so you have to be willing to accept one that doesn't have it.

Let us know more specifics about your trip and we would be happy to help.

Appreciate the fast response.

Dates I am looking into are Dec 26th - Dec 29th.

Yes, I am willing to take the chance on getting a single bed, however I aiming for larger size rooms or suite rooms, hoping that they would have more double bed rooms. Should I be targeting 3* or 2.5*s to maximize my chances. I am also thinking mid-tier hotels are likely to have free parking as well.

Would HOTWIRE be better to target suite hotels?

VK

Traveling with kids, so I would prefer hotels with larger rooms.
How many kids and what are their ages? Some room options that work with two toddlers might not be good for three teenagers. I'm trying to get a clearer picture of your needs.
Our Plans are to visit Universal, Santa Monica beaches and Hollywood. Which area do you think that I should focus on that would be convenient for all 3.
Those are three different areas of LA. Wherever you stay you'll have to drive to the other two. (Some Hollywood hotels are very near the Metro train and if you get one of those you can take the train to Universal and back.)

If price is paramount then the Burbank-Universal-Glendale zone generally has the lowest rates among those zones. Other than 1* and 2* brands like Travelodge, Econolodge, etc most hotels in all three zones charge for parking though. Bidding on PRICELINE it's more likely than not you'll get pay parking and there's no strategy to avoid it, other than purchasing a known hotel with free parking on HOTWIRE, or booking something conventionally.

If you'll let me know how many people and their ages I'll see if I can come up with more concrete suggestions.

Thanks for your offer to help.

I finally booked Doubletree Commerce on HOTWIRE for $59. Its just that we had good experiences with other DoubleTrees and this has good reviews as well. Even though its a bit further out, with holidays I am hoping that driving wouldn't be too bad. Your site helped me identify the hotel before I booked it.

I used HOTWIRE link on this site.

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase... you can still view the amenities associated with this property by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

THANKS!! Enjoy your stay (and the cookies, they're great... and not just for the kids! :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]