Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Boston (Quincy Market-Financial District) InterContinental

nickt2326
By nickt2326,
in

Guys, I would like to take the lady friend to a nice hotel before we go on Christmas break. I am looking at BOTH Priceline and Hotwire, however I think the only option I truly have is Hotwire....if I want to ASSURE there being a pool there....can anyone confirm this being true, that if I name my own price on priceline I may not end up with a pool, or is there a certain star I can chose on priceline to make sure I get a pool?

Next, We do not care where in BOston it is but i REALLY want something NICE

so here's what I came across if anyone can identify this hotel and tell me about it that'd be great....as well as answer questions regarding naming your own price on priceline but assuring there be a pool...

HOTWIRE

4.5-star hotel in Quincy Market - Financial District

it has

a FITNESS CENTER, POOL,RESTARANT,BUSINESS CENTER, LAUNDRY, HIGH SOEED INTERNET SERVICES, AND A SPA

Aaron, how confident are you that this is the Inter-Continental? I REALLY am hoping that it is before I pull the trigger....also can i use a VISA Gift card in order to reserve my reservation? Does anyone know...I would assume that would be fine.

Lastly, can anyone tell me does the hotel ask for your credit card as well or just proof of pre-payment?

If they ask for a credit card can i give them a visa prepaid gift card? My credit cards only have a $300 limit ...im a college student and its maxed out right now.

I would be fairly confident that it is the Inter-Continental. From what I see, there isn't any other hotel in the zone that matches the full set of amenities. The combination of spa and laundry seem to be the distinguishing amenities.

With that being said, there is never a 100% guarantee that it is this hotel no matter how many signs are pointing in that direction, it is always a possibility that you can get a completely different hotel.

I don't see a problem using the Visa gift card for the reservation. They are used just like a regular credit card, only with a defined limit. HOTWIRE handles the booking of the hotel so you wouldn't need a credit card or proof of payment at the hotel, your confirmation number will have that info.

However, most hotels will still ask for a credit card upon check-in for incidentals (room service, mini-bar, phone, etc.). What typically happens is that they will put a pre-authorization on your card for a certain amount just in case you decide to skip out. I'm not quite sure how this would work with the Visa gift card. It might be a good idea to call the IC (or other hotels) before you book to see what their policy is regarding the Visa gift cards.

I'll add that while i too think this is the Inter-Continental, as AaronJB pionts out, there are never any guarantees... but i'll say that i'd be surprised if it isn't the Inter-Continental.

I don't see any problem with using the Visa gift card for your purchase, but at check-in the gift card will likely need enough of a balance to clear whatever amount the hotel wants to put on 'hold'.

One other aspect i'll point out is that, technically, you need to be 21 years old or older to use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE... you may be of age (not sure if you're an undergrad or grad student), but just wanted to make sure you were aware just in case you're underage.

Thanks in advance for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you everyone. Thereuare I was hoping to get a response from you your my favorite around here and I appreciate everyone else as well....I am 21...Turned 21 in September. My gf and me have been together for 3 years now and just want to go out and have a great night. She is 18...but as long as the reservation is in my name then she won't be asked for ID correct?

I DID book through HOTWIRE using the link given to me in this thread today. It was the intercontinental at $119 plus tax which came to $136 total. I will be there Friday the 19th and leaving Saturday the 20th as my gf needs to go back home to Connecticut....we both live in Connecituct and I will be going home Christmas eve.

Has anyone stayed at the intercontinental before? Can you tell me how the rooms are especially the showers, and the ammentites around the hotel?

I apperciate all the work you guys do here. please keep it up.

I also wanted to say I called the Inter-Continental as soon as I confirmed through hotwire. I requested a free upgraded room to waterview, 1 king bed, and a possible bigger upgrade...the waterview and king bed they have already granted to me. They said I may be able to get a bigger complementary upgrade upon arrival depending on availability.

Not bad for $119 when the hotel its self is offering the same thing for over $200

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with great deal you received.

Shouldn't be any problems at check-in... you're old enough to rent a room at the hotel and i couldn't imagine them asking her for ID (they'd have no reason to)

Glad to hear you have already secured the bedding and view that you wanted.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]