Hotwire Hotel Displays

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

Has anyone noticed Hotwire has changed the way they display hotels?

Properties are now displayed by price (lowest to highest). Previously, hotels were displayed by quality rating (highest to lowest).

The thing to be careful of, however, is if your search includes more than one zone. Previously, Hotwire would display all the hotels in one zone, followed by all properties in the next zone. Now that all hotels are displayed solely by price, they are no longer sorted by zone.

Example:

$50 Zone A

$55 Zone B

$60 Zone A

$65 Zone C

$70 Zone C

$75 Zone A

I'd rather see results displayed by zone, but what i dislike even more than this change is that they automatically check boxes for you.

I can do a search for Jersey City NJ and on the checkmark screen they will have already checked a few cities for me (which i don't want) and there is no check next to Jersey City.

I question what makes a city automatically checked... a high margin city for them, additional fee paid by the hotels in that zone, etc? It doesn't appear to be by 'popularity' as some cities that are automatically checked are somewhat remote relative to the others in the zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Hi Thereuare,

My reply is "better late than never".. I just happened to be looking at this section and believe I have the answer to why some areas are pre-checked. Somewhere on hotline was mentioned that these were areas where you could get more "bang" for your buck. Whether that is true or not, I do not know. Like all of you, I have to go through and uncheck those areas because they are not desirable to me.

Cheers

Donna

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]