MSP --> DTW

msptraveller
By msptraveller,
in

Hi ,

I am planning to bid for 1 round trip tkt from MSP to DTW. THe date range will be Dec 18 or 19 to Dec 22 or 23 (2008). the average cost of the tkt is around $350+ . I checked most of other sites like Orbitz, cheaptickets, etc. I am new in priceline. Can you please suggest how much should I bit? Is it too early to bid? One more thing. If my bid is rejected, and I decide not to bid anymore, and quit, I can do that, right?

THanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding, msptraveller.

Sorry to be discouraging but Priceline doesn't often deliver great deals on airfares the way it does with hotels and rental cars. You should set your expectations low here as Dec 22 and 23 should be busy with Christmas travellers and Priceline might not have much. Also you can book this nonstop for $340 on Northwest, while a Priceline purchase can have one stop, probably in Chicago (but other connection cities are possible).

If one stop is allright with you I'll suggest a bid around $180, for whatever dates you settle on. If you're flexible try $180 for different sets of dates. There's little or no bid history on which to rely. $180 is just an offhand guess at the lowest that might be accepted. Or try $160 and work your way up.

And yes, if your first bid is rejected you can quit there, or at any other point.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Can you please add the dates of your win so that we can edit the topic title according, and also read your messages.

Also, do you have a connection on the return trip, what time is the departure time on the return, where do you connect thru, and how long are your connections?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]