Priceline Hotel: 3* Richmond (West End) Sheraton

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

We decided to bid 3* at $40 for opening bid as two free rebids are available (my GF bid on this last week but bid at 2.5* and got upgraded). It's a large hotel and her impression that it's rarely full so perhaps this is why it keeps coming up. Apart from walls that were a bit thin (noise travels), she describes it as a step up from the 2.5* Holiday Inn she was getting in the Glen Allan zone at $43 to $45 previously.

Won this on the first bid.

• 2 weeks later...

Well she's there again this week (Richmond) but she bid last minute in a hurry and didn't call me for a bidding strategy. She bid 3* $40 for West End, didn't win on the first try and just added 2.5* the Glen Allen zone. I think she could have done better but she was paranoid about losing all her bids and getting stuck paying full price. This time she got the 2.5* Holiday Inn again and I think she bid $45.

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than clutter up the board with the same stuff over and over.... since the dates are so close I'l just append this to the existing thread. My GF was in Richmond again last week and this time got the Sheraton again at $40 on first bid for three nights 8/17/04 - 8/20/04. Ther are two separate buikldings that comprise this property - she says the room she was assigned this time was in a building she had not previously stayed in but was larger and nicer than the rooms she's had in the other building. I suspected that the desk staff might be recognizing her as "regular" by now but she says there's a different crew on t he desk every time she visits.

• 1 month later...

And on and on and on..... my GF is now up in Richmond three time every month for three to four nights at a stretch and has been winning the Sheraton consistently on hte first bid. The only exception was a recent weekend where she couldn't get it for all four nights and ended up rebidding and getting a Marriott Courtyard in the Glen Allen area for the final night.

$40 has been winning consistently but she mysteriously decided that $41 would be "safer" this past week. I'm thinking that she still doesn't really get the whole notion about free rebids but that's okay :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]