Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Crowne Plaza Bev Hills

Diamond Dog
By Diamond Dog,
in

Hi there - just looking for some clarity around these hotels in Orange County for the one night, 19th July 2009 :

4* Newport Beach-Huntington Beach - $139 before taxes and charges:

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Golf

Tennis

Rated Best Value. Trip Advisor rating 3.5 from 160+ reviews

3.5* Anaheim Disneyland South - $93 before taxes and charges:

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Golf

Tennis

Rated Best Value & Customer Favourite. Trip Advisor rating 4.0 from 260+ reviews.

2.5* Newport Beach-Huntington Beach - $89 before taxes and charges:

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness

Pool

Laundry

Internet

Trip Advisor rating 3.5 from 20+ reviews.

Any help greatly appreciated!

These would be my best guesses:

4* Newport/Huntington Beach: Hyatt Regency Newport Beach

-although it has been reported with a 'spa' to the board, it is the only hotel in the zone that matches the traveler review rating

3.5* Anaheim/Disney South: Hyatt Regency Orange County

-amenities are the same as the Hilton, but the tripadvisor traveler review rating matches the Hyatt

2.5* Newport/Huntington Beach: Ramada Limited & Suites

-this has previously been reported to be downgraded from 3* to 2*, so it's not out of the question that it could have been upgraded to 2.5*.

-there are a couple other hotels that have the same traveler rating (Best Western Huntington Beach, and BW Newport Beach), but HOTWIRE lists the last review to be September, but neither have had a review in September. The Ramada has had some in Sept and Oct, but it could be a result of the delay when HOTWIRE updates it's lists.

Use this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

Thanks for that. The two Hyatt's are pretty much what I thought - maybe a Hilton for the 3.5*, but I'd be happy with either at that price.

As regards the 2.5*, it couldn't be a Holiday Inn Express, could it? The breakfast is a big bonus, but I'm not too keen on 2.5* properties unless I know the chain (and I don't know Ramada!)?

Thanks.

The HI Express could be a possibility depending on if you agree with my logic.

Initially, I didn't think it could be because the HI Express Newport Beach has a 4/5 tripadvisor rating with the last one in October, which doesn't match what HOTWIRE lists. But, if you take into account that neither of the other options matches exactly either, this could indicate that there is a lag in HOTWIRE updating it's hotels for this area.

Now, the HI Express had 2 reviews in October and both were 5/5. So this could have been the tipping point to swing the tripadvisor traveler review rating to a 4 up from 3.5, which would not be reflected yet on HOTWIRE, and would theoretically have matched what HOTWIRE thinks it was.

I think that this chance is small, but if you agree with my logic, there is at least a chance.

So it seems to be a decent deal?

Less than half price is certainly a decent deal.

This Crowne Plaza hardly ever shows up on Priceline. I think it's because it's in the same bidding class as the Hyatt on Sunset, which apparently has a lower Priceline rate than the Crowne Plaza. I understand the Hyatt is closed for renovations now, so I expect we'll see the Crowne Plaza come up more often.

Congratulations on your win. (we've moved all your posts pertaining to this stay into one thread)

This does look like a nice deal and some nice savings... hope you're happy with the results and looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Diamond Dog,

After I responded to your Beverly Hills post last night (in what's now post #10 in this thread) that thread was combined with one or two other threads of yours. Looking at the combined thread now I'm wondering if a couple different hotel stays for different dates got mixed together. Your Santa Monica stay sounds like it happened last July and the Beverly Hills stay appears to be still in the future since you inquired whether anyone has any experience with the Beverly Hills Crowne Plaza. If you'd already stayed at the Crowne Plaza in July I don't think you would have asked that. Also you said the Santa Monica purchase was on Hotwire and the Beverly Hillls purchase was on Priceline.

Are these two separate stays then? If you can repost the dates of each we'll get them split into two separate threads.

No - I was originally looking on Hotwire and actually had found Sheraton in Santa Monica for $133, but the Hotwire site went down before I could complete and, when it was back up, that was no longer available.

So, in a fit of pique ( :) ) I went via the PRICELINE route and got the Crowne Plaza for the same night (July 29th 2009) - at a total of $23 less than the Sheraton!! I'm very happy - the Crowne Plaza is in an excellent location and we can still get to the beach & airport pretty easily.

Thanks for clarifying, Diamond Dog.

I think I got confused because this thread's subject line said 2008, not 2009. That made me think you were talking about two different stays---one in the past and one in the future. thereuare will fix the subject line when he sees this.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]