Priceline Hotel: 4* Baltimore (Inner Harbor) Marriott Waterfront

giadav
By giadav,
in

Ah, having just won a bid in the Inner Harbor, after MANY bid attempts over 2 weeks. I still know the locations by heart...

These zones which have no 3 star hotels... North, Southwest, West, and Hanover.

If looking strictly 4-star, ANY other zone can be added because only the Inner Harbor zone has a 4-star,

Hope that helps you.

Okay, I will add a 3* and choose North, Southwest or Hanover Zones as well. What should I do with price?? Seeing that we are leaving Sunday I don;t have much time.

(my back up right now is someone that works for Marriott is checking on a friends and family rate availability).

You know that you can raise your bid while adding those zones as well? (if you want a 4* at a higher price, it's not clear if $75 is your limit and you're now choosing to lowr your quality)

Why don't you report back after finding our the rate you can get at the Marriott. We can then use this as your upper limit in order to make sure that you don't pay more than you otherwise have to.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't mind paying more than $75 per night for a 4* (the number I had in my head was $300 for 2 nights and if it was a few dollars over, I wouldn't be upset).

The was priceline explained it was that I needed to change 1 thing and I would get a free rebid, so I changed the price from $75 to $85, but it would not acknowledge the price change, so I thought that maybe I needed to change the star level.

So what would you suggest for a strategy for a 4* Inner harbor?? :)

I talked to her today and she thought we wanted 3 nights and not 2 nights. There was only 1 family and friends rate/night available, she was going to double check the dates and call me this afternoon. I never heard from her (she did have meetings all day). The rates are usually between $49 and $99 p/nt. Does this help??

I think I would feel better if I did something tonight if I could. (w/priceline)

What is your maximim bid? (i read what you wrote above, but to some people 'a little more' is $10 while to others it's $25, etc)

Plenty of re-bids so we can tailor it to whatever your maximum bid is.

This could be a tough one though... Hotwire only shows one hotel (it's a 4*) and it's over $200/nite!

An employee discount may end up being your best rate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, according to my calculations (double check on your own) you have 10 re-bids for 4* Inner Harbor giving you 11 bids in total.

This is how i would proceed:

4* Inner Harbor

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $127, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $134, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $141, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $158.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

:) On the 1st rebid

started at $75, 4* Inner Harbor...rejected

added rebid zone Hanover, increased bid to $80

got the Marriott Waterfront 4* for 7/25 to 7/27 $80 per night

Total charges (taxes & fees) $188.67

Thanks you so much for all your help. We are going to see the Red Sox vs Orioles and can't wait!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]