Hotwire Hotel: soledad / salinas, CA

pristine
By pristine,
in

Can anyone give me an idea on what price to bid and what chain hotels I may get if I bid in salinas, ca? Looking to bid only $45 each night for a friday and saturday night Oct. 24th and 25th 2008. If my bid price is not accepted how can I bid on the same star rating hotel at the same price?

Please:

1) indicate in your post in the Hotel Review section of the board which city and zone you're refering

2) post your win for the Red Lion to the board as a new topic in the appropriate state category

3) follow-up your previous Pismo Beach thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay

Then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not a problem... we're just trying to keep things in order and as long as we understand what you're posting about we can move the threads to the proper places. Can you please update the Pismo Beach thread with the information that you cancelled the trip... others reading that thread won't know to look here to learn that you cancelled the trip.

In regards to the Soledad/Salinas stay...

I'm not sure what the 2.5* property in this zone might be, but do note that there is also 3* bidding available (and there is a Residence Inn in the zone which i believe would likely be 3 star rated... as just one possibility)

If you search PRICELINE for Salinas (it doesn't appear this way if you only search for Soledad) you also have the option of two others areas... Watsonville and Freedomville. As of this writing the highest rated hotels in each of these zones is 2 stars (but doublecheck yourself before bidding to make sure that nothing has channged and no hotels have been added or upgraded to either of these zone... if you don't know how to check this post back before bidding) so if you keep your bidding at a 2.5* minimum you should be able to add these other zones in order to bid again.

If $45 is your maximum bid, you could bid something along the lines of:

Select 2.5* Salinas...

Bid $30, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $35, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Salinas and re-bid zone2...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $45

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]