Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Boston (Brookline-Newton-Harvard) Holiday Inn Brookline

periodic_trvlr
By periodic_trvlr,
in

I am a newbie to PL ... and BB, though I have now scoured the site and greatly value the insights.

This week, hotels in Boston are listing larcenous overnight rates thanks to the Head of the Charles Regatta event this weekend. I am looking for a one-night stay in a 3.5* or 4* hotel in Copley or Quincy, this Wednesday night, paying no more than $175 pre-tax.

To my untrained eye, Hotwire has little to go on that is directly relevant, as it quotes:

- $229 for a 3* in (Brookline - Newton - Harvard Area)

- $359 for a 3* in (Quincy Market - Financial District)

- $449 for a 4* in (Waterfront Area - South Boston)

- ... and "does not have results" for (Boston Common), (Theatre District, Back Bay), (Copley Square, Medford), (Somerville, Cambridge)

I understand the bid bracketing strategy that should be employed with the three other 3*-and-below areas, but am at a loss as to where to begin bidding. I'd be grateful for a proposed strategy, considering the inflated base prices.

edit: included my arrival date

Welcome to BetterBidding, periodic trvlr.

Are you bidding for tomorrow night Wednesday, October 15?

You might not succeed in getting anything in Copley or Quincy on Priceline under $175. Priceline sells excess inventory and on high demand dates like this there might not be any excess inventory for Priceline to sell.

Many hotels sell through Priceline and Hotwire both. If Hotwire has nothing in Boston Common, Theater District, and Copley Square zones then Priceline probably doesn't have anything in those areas either.

I'd suggest starting around $130 for a 4* in your two preferred zones. Then use your three free rebid zones up to your $175 limit. Then try the same for 3.5*. I suspect $175 won't be enough though and you'll need to consider some alternative zones and/or quality levels for this date.

Please start your bid with this PRICELINE link.

Since your stay is for tomorrow nite, i'd first make sure your bidding limit is reasonable for these dates and you have some sort of back-up plan should you not succeeed.

What is your gameplan if your bids fail (which at $175/nite seems likely)... where will you then stay and how much will it cost? (use our BetterChecker to assist in your rate search)

Quickbook is often a good source or high demand dates.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I changed tactics and didn't even try my luck on PL, given the bad timing. There's a 25000+ member convention in town between now and the 18th, so I figured it would be a losing proposition.

So...

I went with the BB HOTWIRE link and picked up a 2.5* in (Brookline - Newton - Harvard) at $129, pre-tax. Thanks to this site, using the published amenities, I was able to reverse engineer that the 2.5* would be the Brookline Holiday Inn -- and it was.

Thanks for the assist.

Porting this comment from the PL board, where I started...

A tough few days to get a hotel in Boston thanks to a major convention in town until the 18th.

I went with the BB HOTWIRE link and picked up a 2.5* in (Brookline - Newton - Harvard) at $129, pre-tax. Thanks to this site, using the published amenities, I was able to reverse engineer that the 2.5* would be the Brookline Holiday Inn -- and it was.

Brookline Holiday Inn

1200 Beacon St

Brookline, MA

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you found something which would work for your needs and budget... we're happy that the information on the board was helpful in your purchase.

Can you please add the amenities that were shown before your purchase. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]