Good Vienna deals on 4* hotels

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

These two hotels are right next to each other, and I'm not sure if it's coincidence that they can be obtained quite cheaply right now. Maybe there is construction going on or something. From what I understood, it's a sort of 4 nights for the price of 3 promotion, but even so it's very reasonable.

With the ameropa.de site, the Lindner am Belvedere can be obtained for my November dates for a total of 246 Euros (including breakfast) for a single room, for four nights. So this is 61.5 Euros per night.

For a double room, it would have been 306 Euros. Ameropa is the travel agency of Deutsche Bahn, so it's not a fly by night operation.

With dertour.de, the NH Belvedere is available with breakfast for my November dates for a similar rate (243 Euros for 4 nights). I think the double room price was also similar to the above. Dertour is an established company as well.

The catch is that both sites are strictly in German. The dertour.de site does not allow you to enter Canada (or Kanada) as a country, so it works best if you have an EU postal address you can use. However, I emailed them (in English), and they were willing to work with me on this.

I ended up taking ameropa.de because they allow you to enter Canada (Kanada) as a country.

These are both 4* hotels with excellent reviews (not apparently 4* hotels that resemble 3* hotels like is common in Europe), the locations are good, and you get the benefit of breakfast, which is typically very expensive at a 4* hotel.

I think both sites have good deals in other cities as well. I could not find an English-speaking site that had such good deals in Vienna for hotels of this quality.

(I know there was a fabulous Hotel Imperial price mistake deal posted on FlyerTalk, but I did not see those cheap rates for my dates.)

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]