Priceline Hotel: Frankfurt 11/4-11/5

Rhine-and-Roses
By Rhine-and-Roses,
in

I wonder how hotel chains handle Priceline/Hotwire? I have successfully bought rooms with Priceline at the Westin in any number of cities. However, I see no wins for the Westin in Frankfurt. They do appear to have rooms available on Hotwire, based on the amenities guess. Would that mean the individual hotel has chosen to work with Hotwire instead of Priceline? Or could they have listings with both?

I would like to get a room at or near the Westin for election night, and have bid several times, in the $65-85 range, but have not had any luck. I realize this might be low for a work night stay. Hotwire is $179, but that is more than I am willing to spend. Could that drop significantly right up to the night of the 4th? Or would a drop be not much? The $179 has alternated between $176 and $179 for a week now.

Any comments or advice?

The Westin had appeared sometimes on PL but quite time ago, if I remember correctly - when it still used to be the Arabella Sheraton Grand. I guess it's in principle still participating, but as WillTravel pointed out, not at "rather low" rates. And it's probably still in FRA-East zone, so you might get stuck with one of the other 4star properties in the east zone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up booking a room directly through the Westin. It was pricey- about 200Euro, but included breakfast, dinner vouchers, a welcome drink, etc. This was one time I didn't want to chance getting another hotel and not being at the hotel where our event was taking place. So a coup for Starwood this time!

By the way, the rate I got was not listed on their site, or actually it was, but was not available for the night I wanted. I called and asked for the rate and they gave it to me. I spoke with in-house reservations, not central. The rate was a good 50 euro less than their lowest listed rate, which included nothing but the room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]