If a hotel has no Priceline rating on retail side, does that mean it&#

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

If you choose some dates and look at the Priceline retail hotels, you will notice that many of them are rated (e.g. 3* or 4* or 5*, etc.), and these ratings match the level that you see if you happen to win that hotel on Priceline.

However, there are other hotels that have no ratings that are also listed on the Priceline retail side. For example, Mercure Wien Europaplatz is listed as 4* on this site, from the last reported time someone won a bid for it a few years ago. However, now if I look at the Priceline retail product, it has no rating. In reality, Mercure considers it to be either a 3* or 4* hotel. Does the fact that it has no rating on the Priceline retail side indicate that this hotel is not a possibility to be rewarded in a bid? Some Mercure hotels have Priceline retail ratings, and others do not.

It makes sense that some hotels would not have Priceline ratings, because they fall into some sort of specialty category (like B&Bs or pensions) that is hard to rate by the same standards as chain hotels, which are the vast majority of Priceline hotels. But it doesn't make sense that some members of a chain would have Priceline retail ratings and others would not.

I hope my question makes sense.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]