Hotwire Hotel: Help 2* Boston Logan Airport

Debbie J
By Debbie J,
in

Hotwire lists a 2* Boston Logan Airport hotel indicating it is 2.4 miles from Logan Airport for October 16-17. Under the Hotwire hotel listings for this area, no hotel fits the description. Do you know if this hotel is the Hampton Inn and it's not on the Hotwire List? Please help. Thanks.

Also, hotel rates are extremely high for this particular date only, yet I can't find any special events going on in Boston. Any clues?

Without amenities or even a tripadvisor traveler review rating it is very difficult to guess which hotel this is. However, scanning several other sites and using google maps to search for hotels in the area, I managed to find 1 hotel that would fit the 2* class, and that is the Rodeway Inn.

There may very well be other hotels that this could be as I haven't spent a tremendous amount of time searching, but the Rodeway could be an option. It could also be the Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn but they typically are 2.5* and not 2*.

The Natural Products Expo East convention starts on 10/16 and is expecting 25K attendees, which is fairly large for Boston.

Not sure what this property is but i'd be surprised if it's a Hampton Inn (which would likely be rated higher than 2* by HOTWIRE as well as show amenities)... i'd think something along the lines of a Howard Johnson, Days Inn, Extended StayAmerica, etc would be more likely.

Have you tried Quickbook and/or GTA Hotels which can often be good sources during high demand dates?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire lists a 2* Boston Logan Airport hotel indicating it is 2.4 miles from Logan Airport for October 16-17.

Don't rely on that 2.4 mile figure for help in identifying the hotel. Hotwire is talking about the distance from the Airport to the geographic center of the zone, not to any particular hotel. There's a 3* in Airport zone available that night also, and Hotwire says that it's 2.4 miles from Logan too.

Hotwire's Airport zone is actually the Airport-Saugus zone and from the map it looks like the zone extends several miles north of the airport. If you're counting on a hotel with an airport shuttle you might not get one if this hotel turns out to be a 2* in Saugus.

I gather this is a busy date so I don't know if this will succeed, but if you're willing to pay $89 for a 2* you might as well try bidding to $89 for a 4*/3.5*/3* in PRICELINE's Airport zone first.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]