Priceline Hotel: 4* Raleigh-Durham (Chapel Hill) Siena Hotel

Mike in NC
By Mike in NC,
in

I'm interested in getting a 4* hotel in the Triangle (my honeymoon night) on Nov 1st. I see that Chapel Hill is the only zone that has this. I've tried bidding for it twice, and got rejected at $105 per night. Does anyone have any advice or experience at what price range this night might be obtained? Or which might be the hotels that are 4*, the Siena or any others? Would closer to Nov 1st be a better time to bid if the hotel still has vacancies late? Or any other advice regarding this...

Thanks!

The Sienna is rated 4* by PRICELINE, but given that it's never been reported to the board, it may be a hotel that doesn't discount very much or doesn't given availability to PRICELINE's "Name Your Own Price" service unless inventory is very low. No telling if this is the only 4* hotel offered in this area, but if this is the only one (or if there are only a couple of 4* hotels) then it can make getting a deep discount much more difficult.

What is the most that you'd be willing to pay for a 4* hotel in this zone? Would a 3.5*, of which there are many more in the region, be "nice enough" for your needs?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- please also let us know if your recent Chicago Hyatt Regency win is in addition to, or replaces. your previous Priceline Chicago thread which was for slightly different dates (if the same we'll merge the two threads)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I could probably go up to $120 for a 4 star for that night. If not, the 3.5 star would certainly be acceptable, I was just looking for any thoughts or counsel on this. The Chicago Hyatt Regency win is in addition to the sought date of 11/8, but I have purchased my flights, and am no longer interested in 11/8.

Given your previous rejected at $105 i would increase your bidding to your $120 limit.

At the 4* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Chapel Hill...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]