Priceline Singapore for Asia-Pacific hotels?

cakobau
By cakobau,
in

Hi all,

In contemplating a trip to New Zealand, I checked into Priceline's coverage of that fair country, and I was disappointed to see nothing listed. However, priceline.com.sg, the Singaporean version of Priceline, DOES have rooms in New Zealand.

I have heard that Americans can register and bid at the Singapore site, but I have not yet tried this. I just was wondering if anyone has had any experience doing that.

And also, why are these hotels in Singapore's system, but not in the US flagship site?

Entering Auckland (even with "New Zealand" or "NZ" in the search box) leads to Tulare, California.

Entering Christchurch leads to Gloucester, Virginia.

Also of interest: The "suggested retail price" for 4 star rooms in Auckland or Christchurch (the real ones) as per the Singaporean sites is around US$77. Seems low. A glitch? Priceline saying how much you really need to bid in order to win? Hmm...

The Singapore site also has a list of all cities that they cover. It's a LOT more than the Asia/Pacific coverage of the US site. If you enter gibberish for a city to search, you have the opportunity to see the list. This link might work, too:

priceline.com.sg/eng/hotels/city_list.asp

The countries they list for Asia/Pacific:

Australia China Guam Hong Kong India Indonesia

Japan Macau Malaysia New Zealand Philippines Singapore

South Korea Sri Lanka Taiwan Thailand

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]