Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hilton Chicago

Jenga
By Jenga,
in

Hi, guys! I'll be in Chicago again 10/3 - 10/5. While I prefer 4*, I noticed on Hotwire that what looks to be the two Club Quarters locations -- which would be fine -- at $209 (Mag Mile) and $203 (Loop). This made me think it might be worth bidding as low as 3* on Priceline - ? I know I can't guarantee the hotel. Is there anything too icky at this star level to risk a bid?

I can go as high as $100/night, but of course would prefer much lower. Prefer not to split bid. Can do other nabes if necessary.

Is this enough information to request help with a bidding strategy?

Thanks!

You can see the Priceline Hotel List to see the previously reported 3* properties in each of these zones. However, with HOTWIRE 3* hotels at $200+, a winning bid at under $100/nite doesn't seem likely.

If you're ready to bid let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I am indeed ready to bid.

MP-Loop-Grant Park preferred (3* or 4*), with NMA (4* only) a 2nd choice.

Right now $100/night is my maximum. I'd prefer not to split the bid.

Any advice on a bidding strategy much appreciated. You have helped me greatly with wins in both NYC/JC and Chicago in the past!

We'll start with 4* bidding and move on from there if rejected...

At the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Loop and NMA...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected we'll revise to try for a 3*.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank so much, thereuare; I realy appreciate the step-by-step help! I just bid through all three scenarios -- using Better Bidding's PRICELINE link, of course -- and was rejected on all bids, up to and including the final $100.

I just checked and am still seeing Club Quarters on Hotwire around $200. I know I can't guarantee that's what I'll get, but that Club Quarters on Wacker is in a convenient location for me.

Unless you think it's unwise, could I ask for advice on a 3* bidding strategy?

I think this would have to be just Loop (since I'm not crazy about some of the NMA 3* properties). I'd stick with the $100/night ceiling; prefer not to split bids for this trip.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything.

Thanks!

Thanks, thereuare.

I was rejected on both. I'm going to give this a few days and then try again. We're visiting Chicago for a Sat. afternoon event and we live only a few hours away, so we may just nix the Sat. night stay and head back that night, since Saturday is what's jacking up the price.

I will update with final result when I have it; will start a new thread if our dates change. Thanks, as always, for the bidding advice!

P.S. -- I did use Better Bidding's PRICELINE link, as always :)

I have almost the exact requirements, so I hope it's okay if I jump into this thread. I want one room, 4* Chicago (MP-Loop-Grant Park, ideally) for Saturday October 4. I had the same debate about gambling on the 3*s, but decided against it. Followed the bidding pattern suggested on this thread but started at $130, gradually added Lincoln Park, Midway and NMA/River zones and still got rejected at $160.

Is it really that busy in Chi that particular weekend? Am I hindered by needing a Sat night only?

Other options:

3* Crown Plaza Metro website prepaid rate of $230

or

4* in the Loop for $259 (Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, HS Internet) on Hotwire. Guessing this is the Knicerbocker.

So unless there's a better suggestion, tommorrow I'll try the 4*s, starting at $165, adding in the 3 additional zones if needed This is a special birthday trip so we really don't want to compromise on location or luxury level too much. I don't know Chicago at all, and am a newbie bidder. If I'm missing something obvious, please gimme a heads up.

What is the deal with this weekend in Chicago? I am ALSO about to start bidding for those same dates.

I'm going to start another thread - except my theme will be stop bidding on my hotels! :)

Seriously, though. Maybe AaronJB knows... why is this particular weekend so popular? Or is it just a last gasp of summer 2008?

Just opened another thread here: Hilton O'Hare for $64. That's going to work out pretty well for us since we're flying in and taking the train into town.

The other thing we considered was the Hotel Orrington. Looks like it's probably the 3.5* showing up in Evanston on Hotwire for $99 right now (although it's missing the golf amenity). But $64 for the airport is a significant enough savings to stay out there for us.

Good luck!

GM Mike, thanks so much for the info. That's a great price at ORD!

I'm still trying for downtown. Just got rejected again up to $100 for 3*, bidding Loop, NMA, and re-bid zone.

For the past few days Orbitz has had the Central Loop Hotel at $161 and Club Quarters-Wacker at $189 (Better Bidding has anOrbitz link under the Support tab, BTW, if people are interested in grabbing one of these). At those prices, I thought I might Priceline this for $100 or under, but so far no such luck.

I'll keep at it, using Better Bidding's PRICELINE link, and will post back if I have success! :)

(Thereuare, Orbitz was auto-linking, but I wasn't sure if it was your own affiliate link so I changed the spelling.)

You can use the coupon FABSAVE10 for 10% off Orbitz.com prices.

Of the two CQ hotels, neither are what I would call a great value for around $175, but of the two, the Wacker/Michigan one certainly has the better location.

I'd rather recommend bidding for 3* in the RN/NMA area than the MP/Loop area, simply because a few of the 3* hotels in the Loop are in areas that are going to be very quiet at night (the CQ Loop, Allegro, Silversmith)

Thanks, thereuare, AaronJB (and all!).

We decided to switch to just Friday night, October 3rd. I had actually hoped we might get the Sheraton, since I think I see it on Hotwire for a reasonable price. But I knew when I added the Loop that we might get the Hilton, which is actually fine given our Saturday event location.

Although they offered the "extend your stay screen" after the win, when I tried to do so they informed me no rooms were available at my price.

10/3-10/4/08: Hilton Chicago @ $85

Using Better Bidding's PRICELINE link:

$65: 4* NMA (rejected)

$70: added MP/Loop (rejected)

$75: added re-bid zone (rejected)

$80: added re-bid zone (rejected)

$85: added re-bid zone: ACCEPTED!

Hilton Chicago 4 Star

Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area

720 South Michigan Avenue

Chicago, Illinois 60605

312-922-4400

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $85.00

Subtotal: $85.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $20.79

Total Charges*: $105.79

*Prices are in US dollars.

Thank you to thereuare and everyone who posted for once again helping us to get a great rate! :)

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not your first choice, glad to see that you're happy with the results given the price paid and that this will still work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]