Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Los Angeles (Santa Monica-Marina del Rey) The Cadillac Hotel

Al Nicol
By Al Nicol,
in

My best guess is the Hotel California in Santa Monica. I don't have 100% confidence in that ID but it's the closest match I can find.

I don't think it's Hotel Marina del Rey because Hotel MDR doesn't appear to be beachfront. It's on the water but from the hotel's website it appears to be in a marina area, not a swimming beach.

Also, while the definition of a Boutique isn't very precise, I think Hotel California comes closer to most people's idea of a Boutique than Hotel Marina del Rey does.

And Hotel California also matches the TripAdvisor stats on Hotwire---3 out of 5 with 105 reviews.

If you purchase please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

When I searched for a match on TripAdvisor I searched Santa Monica and Marina del Rey hotels but I didn't think to search Venice, which is also in the Santa Monica-Marina del Rey zone.

The TripAdvisor reviews are very mixed. People seem to love it or hate it. It sounds like the hotel was recently renovated.

Right now I'm seeing a Hotwire rate of $129 on 10/23. That's exactly the same rate the Cadillac Hotel is charging on their own website for one queen bed, two guests, non-view room. You didn't say what rate you paid for this, Al Nicol, but if it was $129 then you're paying MORE on Hotwire than you would have by booking direct, after you factor in Hotwire fee.

If you're unhappy with the purchase I would call Hotwire's Customer Service and see if they'll make some adjustment or credit under their Lowest Price Guarantee.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... sorry the savings weren't significant with this one.

I'm not too sure if you'll make any headway with HOTWIRE and their Double the Difference Guarantee as it is based upon the room cost before taxes and fees, so in this instance the rates is the same.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]